The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Full 3M 1080 Vinyl Wrap (PIC HEAVY)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've always wondered with projects like this and plastidip, do you have to change the car's color on the title/registration? having to peel a corner or something to appease a confused police officer would suck.

Looks AMAZING though! cant wait to see the whole thing together with headlights and all.

I just talked to the guys at Metro Restyling, and they were very helpful. I have been looking into doing a vinyl wrap for some time now. I only live about 20 minutes from them, so I stopped by their shop. I will definitely purchase from them when it gets warm enough to wrap. They said I should wait until it is consistently above 50 degrees. I can get everything I will need for just under $500.

Looks really nice, and sounds like it was difficult and a lot of work. I can't believe you are planning on stripping it all at the end of the summer and painting the car anyway, after you redo the hood for the third time.

Why the plans to strip it all off?

Has anyone tried the headlight/taillight wrap that metro offers?

Wrapping would be a cool thing to get in to.

Looks great! Sounds like a nightmare..

Damn the results on the first page are awesome! I work at a car center and we offer vinyl wrapping for cars, but even our professionals' work doesn't look that great! Nice choice of color btw.

How did you wrap where the door meets the fender or where the bumper meets the fender? I noticed you said you wrapped it about half an inch under the hood, but you can't do that for the area where the door meets and fender and fender meets the bumper unless you remove them.

How did you wrap where the door meets the fender or where the bumper meets the fender? I noticed you said you wrapped it about half an inch under the hood, but you can't do that for the area where the door meets and fender and fender meets the bumper unless you remove them.

You could easily tuck it in with a credit card or something.

Looks great!

Do you think 40'x5' is enough to do the sides, front and rear bumper? I want to do this but want to do two tone... hood top and hatch will be different than rest of car

I'm in love with your wrapping job! Its def got my adrenaline rushing on getting mine done...LOL. Do you have completed pics?

I am sold gonna have mine wrapped. Hope it turns out like yours.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back