The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel stuttering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdam15

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2015
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Ok guys I need help. My 91 eclipse gst fwd, is acting like the fuel is clogged. Mostly happens when the motor is warm. I have checked for water and changed the fuel filter and put fuel system cleaner threw the tank. And still is doing it. I have a new pressure regulator coming in today. But does anyone have any other things I may have missed?

What do you mean acting like? What is the specific problem? No power? Misfire? Backfire? You may be chasing the wrong system. Tell us specifically what's happening and under what conditions

Last edited:
When im in second gear at about 2500 rpm it starts to cut out like loose power. It feels like bad gas or even injector problems. Even if I romp on the gas it will do the same thing and at high rpm it will back fire sometimes

Do you have a way to log? Have you checked the usual tuneup items? Is it loading up on fuel and rich? . Overheating? Have you done a boost leak test? Have you checked any sensors or harness connections?

I have gone threw and done all the tests and leak tests. I am missing the cones out of my intake. Done all my tune up things and even had my brother look it over, he runs a 1500hp talon I trust his insight, hes gone and I couldnt get ahold of him. Sorry no way to log yet.

I have done nothing different other than fix all the leaks and turbo leaks.

2500 wot or just driving normally. Have you tested any sensors? Opened ecu? Did it just do this all of asudden or gradually got worse?

Either wot and driving normal, its gotten worse I havent messed with anything other than the fuel filter and tune up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back