The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Fuel return lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronth777

Proven Member
Apr 12, 2015
Dayton, Ohio
Hello all, this might be a really dumb question but that's why I'm posting in the noob forums LOL.

The previous owner of my 2g GSX eliminated most of the emissions parts, so I sometimes have a hard time figuring out where things are supposed to go since it's been modified so much. As I was looking under the battery where the fuel lines come into the engine bay, I noticed one of them is not connected to anything. There's the main fuel line that connects from the pump to the filter, and the return fuel line that goes from the rail back to the pump. But there's a third line that comes from the pump and is open ended under the battery tray. I searched and found that it might have connected to an emissions part from the factory? Whether it did or not, is it okay to leave it open ended? It doesn't leak fuel, I'm consistently getting 21-24mpg, and the car runs fine. I just don't know if it's something I need to address or not. Any help is appreciated

Sounds like to me the breather line from the charchoal canister, that goes right next to the other lines so my guess is that,

Do you have a pic to show us to confirm as a few extra lines sit down that way aswel

Agreed, breather line for the oem charcoal cannister. I put a check valve on mine to relieve pressure, but keep crap out.
A pic would help, but I'm almost positive @ec17pse has it right :thumb:

Thank you guys! I didn't know the breather line ran all the way across that car like that. That's a good idea @tametalon92 to put a check valve on there. I don't have any pictures at the moment but I'll try to snap some photos to help somebody reading this thread in the future

A small gas filter works too. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back