Fuel rail o-ring

Posted by linksys42, Mar 2, 2006
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum. Probationary Members must limit their tech posts to this forum and sub-forums.

1. linksys42

linksys42 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    85.7%
    DSM Profiles:
    Union, Missouri
    hey i was wondering if anyone knows what size the o-ring is that seals the inlet side of the fuel rail to the pressure fuel line? thanks
  2. 95blackGsTurbo

95blackGsTurbo DSM Wiseman

Classifieds Rating:
    66.7%
    Cottage Grove, Minnesota
    Not sure what size but when I replaced mine I just took it off and took it to a parts store and they matched it up perfectly. That is about the only way to do it.
  3. linksys42

linksys42 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    85.7%
    DSM Profiles:
    Union, Missouri
    ya i wish i could do that but once i have it apart i wont be able to get the the parts store :D . so i was wondering if any one new the # size of the o-ring off hand so i can pick it up before hand. thanks
  4. Black94DSM

Black94DSM Proven Member

Madison Heights, Michigan
    Take it off in the parking lot...:shhh:
  5. linksys42

linksys42 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    85.7%
    DSM Profiles:
    Union, Missouri
    Spraying gas every where. :D :notgood: i guess i will just buy alot of diff ones? anyone know about the size of it? thanks
  6. turbo2086

turbo2086 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin
    Use a whole bunch of gasket sealant!... I know at advance they sold a pack that had many o rings in it for few bucks. Matched it by hand.
  7. Black94DSM

Black94DSM Proven Member

Madison Heights, Michigan
    Bring a friend with you, have him unplug the fuel pump from the back of the car while you try to keep the car running, it will relieve the pressure in the rail. Yes there will still be fuel in the rail, but there will not be pressure in it. This is just a suguestion. By no means am i telling you to do, it. LOL.

But yeah, you can do this too. Take the o-ring off at your house, trace the outside and inside of it on a peice of paper. Then take the paper in with you. :thumb: I dont know why i didnt just think of that in the first place. ROFL
  8. linksys42

linksys42 Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    85.7%
    DSM Profiles:
    Union, Missouri

Dude, im not going to do that in a parking lot, but i appreciate the help. i will just buy a assortment set of o-ring and hopfully match it. thanks