The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel maybe mixed with oil build up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david harker

Proven Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
Ok so I think my o rings might be bad in all of my 1050 injectors which is weird because this has never happened .in the pic I posted you can see what looks like fuel/ oil and smells like fuel. You can see the small puddle where I'm pointing and there is the same Fluids in each the other 3 spots under the injectors. . Could it be a mixture of valve cover leaking and o rings bad ? Also isn't weird there are puddles under every injector ? Could it really be all 4 rings happen to go at the same time ?i think I figured it out but not 100%

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 85
it looks way to dark to be fuel but it could be. also if its fuel it will evaporate pretty fast so it has to be a pretty steady leak you would see. pressurize the fuel system and see if the injectors are leaking at the rail. boost leak test will tell you if the seals on the bottom of the injectors are leaking.

To me it looks like oil from the valve cover. swap gaskets and check for any cracks. also you could just clean it all up and run the car too see whats leaking. this will also let you know how much is leaking.

it looks way to dark to be fuel but it could be. also if its fuel it will evaporate pretty fast so it has to be a pretty steady leak you would see. pressurize the fuel system and see if the injectors are leaking at the rail. boost leak test will tell you if the seals on the bottom of the injectors are leaking.

To me it looks like oil from the valve cover. swap gaskets and check for any cracks. also you could just clean it all up and run the car too see whats leaking. this will also let you know how much is leaking.
need new o-rings also valve cover has tiny leak so it was mixing . Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back