The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Fuel Filter bottom bolt stripped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrj

Proven Member
Oct 22, 2016
atlantic, New_Jersey
Does anyone know any other way to get this thing out ? I used pb blast and tried to loosen it with a flare wrench but somehow the freaking bolt was stripped...Can i still save it do i have to replace the fuel line ?
Any help is appreciated

There are other ways. Years ago I cut a foot or two off a salvage car and joined the two pieces with a compression union. If you try this do NOT use a brass piece from home depot. I don't care what you read on the internet, "I did it and it was fine", blah blah blah. Brass fittings are not designed for this. Go to a fitting store, hydraulic shop etc and get a steel fitting. You could also go to a race shop and see what the have to convert tube to AN fittings and go from there.

So let me get this straight. What i should do right now is to get the filter off and see if i can still save it, if not then go from there i guess . I honestly don't know how to flare LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back