The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FS/FT: 97 Talon TSI AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infini

Probationary Member
Oct 28, 2010
center ridge, Arkansas
I have a 1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD for sale. It has 106,XXX miles on it, i just recently got a clutch job done on it and am still in the process of breaking it in. It has leather interior, power driver seat, sunroof (was not operating when i got it, trace the problem down to the sunroof relay), pretty much every factory option.

mods: HKS SSQV BOV, Apex-I N1 Downpipe, Custom 3inch exhaust, Tubular manifold, evo3 big 16g, autometer boost gauge

feel free to ask any question, i am located in the morrilton, ar area

i am looking to get $3500 firm(DSMturner special pricing)
i am also looking to get into the honda game, so if you randomly have a civic hatch, integra gsr, prelude vtec that you want to trade, i would be willing to trade.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Vehicle was up last year, sometime, for $2700...in which I personally attempted to contact you (or the previous owner) with $3000 cash in hand but never received a call/text/message back. Shame. Hopefully someone will show up with what you're asking considering that there are a few that are popping up in Southern MO and Western KY as well as all throughout TN in the $2000 range.

I have a friend who is looking for an AWD, could likely come across a Hawn-Duh to trade. What exactly are you looking for in terms of a trade and I'll let him know?

Vehicle was up last year, sometime, for $2700...in which I personally attempted to contact you (or the previous owner) with $3000 cash in hand but never received a call/text/message back. Shame. Hopefully someone will show up with what you're asking considering that there are a few that are popping up in Southern MO and Western KY as well as all throughout TN in the $2000 range.

I have a friend who is looking for an AWD, could likely come across a Hawn-Duh to trade. What exactly are you looking for in terms of a trade and I'll let him know?

probably the previous owner. i'm not gonna lie, it was pretty roughish when i got it. drove fine when i got it, got home, then it started to pour tranny fluid out of it. took time to gather the info/parts to fix it. shady joe(funny cause dudes name is actually joe); said it "had a new clutch" turns out clutch was about to go(probable another 300-450 miles til it was at the rivets) the throw out bearing was warped, and the driver side cv joint was non-exsistent, unless you count rtv on top of rtv as a seal. i'm just happy it did not have crankwalk.

but enough of my woes, it now does have a oem exedy replacement clutch kit installed. both cv joint seals replaced (bought from jacks transmission), new shift fork and pivot ball. so it should be good to go for awhile.

as for the trade, i am definately looking for a nice hatch. a eg plus cash or a nice ek. integra gsr would be nice as well, just depends on what your friend has.

Nice, makes me glad I didn't get ahold of him. I would have inspected it, found those faults, and been severely upset for wasting my time. Glad to hear that it's all fixed up, though. How does that Exedy feel in relation to the stock clutch? The shifting and whatnot? Do you have any current pictures of the car?

As far as the friend, right now he has a car that people are dying over (I, myself.. don't understand why), but he's just looking for an AWD DSM with the low or no wing, 5 speed, and leather. Looks who has a DSM that fits the bill? We have tons and tons of Honda's around here and getting one would be a walk in the park. I'll show him some pictures if you wouldn't mind adding more and see if he would be interested in buying/trading for it.

Nice, makes me glad I didn't get ahold of him. I would have inspected it, found those faults, and been severely upset for wasting my time. Glad to hear that it's all fixed up, though. How does that Exedy feel in relation to the stock clutch? The shifting and whatnot? Do you have any current pictures of the car?

As far as the friend, right now he has a car that people are dying over (I, myself.. don't understand why), but he's just looking for an AWD DSM with the low or no wing, 5 speed, and leather. Looks who has a DSM that fits the bill? We have tons and tons of Honda's around here and getting one would be a walk in the park. I'll show him some pictures if you wouldn't mind adding more and see if he would be interested in buying/trading for it.

i myself, didn't know much about dsm at the time; i am still learning about them. its just time to move one to a more practical daily, since i'm a married man and a college student. as for pictures, it looks exactly the same; aside from the lamo exhaust that came with the car that is now on it. but, yeah, ill take more tonight and post them up.

oh, as for the exedy, its just an oem replacement kit. but it does feel great compared to the crap clutch that car had

I see. That's nifty. Sad to see someone turn away from DSMs, but good that you posted it here. Maybe I can find a way to get it in my area so I can make sure it's not run into the ground. =/

Right now my friend is without a DSM as he had to leave it behind when he moved back from Arizona. He has a Q45 that's in immaculate condition that he's about to get rid of either for cash or trade, so in that event I'm sure if you still had this thing he'd come slap cash down for it. Of if you're looking for a roomier vehicle with a good amount of power then he'd likely trade.

I see. That's nifty. Sad to see someone turn away from DSMs, but good that you posted it here. Maybe I can find a way to get it in my area so I can make sure it's not run into the ground. =/

Right now my friend is without a DSM as he had to leave it behind when he moved back from Arizona. He has a Q45 that's in immaculate condition that he's about to get rid of either for cash or trade, so in that event I'm sure if you still had this thing he'd come slap cash down for it. Of if you're looking for a roomier vehicle with a good amount of power then he'd likely trade.

yeah, this is the only place i can think of that will have the buyers that will actually appreciated it.

as for the q45, i've already been offered one and my brother has one. they are just not my cup of tea.

but, here are new pics

Hey turns out after some trading around I'm pretty sure I ended up this car!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back