The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FS: 2g GST 5 spokes w/tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsondragon

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2006
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
"Selling" these rims with tires. Well I would barely call it selling, but let's hold off on that for the moment. These are the chrome aluminum alloy OEM 5 spoke rims. No center caps. Stick with me here.

These things are rough. And when I say rough, I mean been through hell and back kind of rough. Still with me? Alright. Two of the rims can't seem to hold air. Don't know why. Every time I aired them up I would spray soapy water and check the bead seating area and I wouldn't see any bubbles. The only time I did see any bubbles was at the valve stems and I had those changed and it still continued to leak. That's two. The other two hold air fine. But go figure one of them is slightly bent. The other is the best of the four. All of them have ridiculous amount of corrosion. I'm talking peel off the chrome plate and see white powder kind of corrosion. One of good ones have serious scuff marks on the face.

If there's any hope in saving these, it would be by completely stripping them, probably hot tank and/or bead blast and if there's no serious pitting, have them powdercoated. Still with me? If you are, you're probably a lover of these style rims like me and want to paint them anyway. Sadly that's not an option for me anymore since the Brembos won't allow it. My loss, your gain!

Onto the tires. Two goodyears, both worn past safety, one on the leakers and the other on the best of the four. One brand new Uniroyal on one of the leakers. The rim that has the bent in it holds a half life Fuzion HRi tire. 225/55/16. Weird I know but I needed a tire and one of my friends hooked me up with it so I threw it in the rear and never had issues with it.

If you're still with me, then excellent. I'm looking for like $20 total. Or a 6 pack of Blue Moon, or anything DSM or Jeep related I might be interested in. Shoot me trade offers. Onto the pics!

Attachments

• Picture 484.jpg
    Picture 484.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 485.jpg
    Picture 485.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 486.jpg
    Picture 486.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 487.jpg
    Picture 487.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 488.jpg
    Picture 488.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 57
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back