The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Frontline Fabrication 2G DSM Bolt-In Fuel Cell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did he ever get the fwd tank mocked up for sell?

You would have to call or e-mail him. That was a long time ago but last I heard he had a couple people that were going to help him get it mocked up. I'm sure he has it all figured out by now. If you end up getting one post some pictures of it installed in your car.

Anyone hear anything about the fuel cell for the GST models yet?

I can assure you, there has been no progress with getting a FWD model made of this gas tank and I wouldn't hold your breath.

:dsm:

Alrighty then. Do you happen to know of anyone who does make them?

Andrew (Frontline Fabrication) is the only person I'm aware of that makes a bolt-on gas tank for a DSM. He's a one man show and is still trying to fill orders that were made months ago, which is why I can confidently say the FWD tank hasn't seen much development.

He's a busy guy.

Andrew (Frontline Fabrication) is the only person I'm aware of that makes a bolt-on gas tank for a DSM. He's a one man show and is still trying to fill orders that were made months ago, which is why I can confidently say the FWD tank hasn't seen much development.

He's a busy guy.

I can only imagine which is why I didn't want to slow him down by asking him this question directly. I figured someone would be able to answer my question.

Thanks

Just buy an AWD. Problem solved;)

I want to order an awd one. Gofer how far behind is he? There sites down so I can't even call to see.

I want to order an awd one. Gofer how far behind is he? There sites down so I can't even call to see.

You are correct:thumb: That is my next project but for now I want to play with my fwd. Looking for a nice awd shell as we speak.

Not that I know of. You would more than likely have to order a Fuel cell & fab it up to work.

Kind of figured this but thought I'd look around since I still have time.

Kind of figured this but thought I'd look around since I still have time.

Yeah no big deal, honestly if you need a fuel cell your car is at the level where fabing it up is the easy part of the build.

I ordered and paid for a front DS loop from him March '12 and I'm still waiting for it. If you want something that's CNC'd then he could probably whip it out in a few months but if it's fabricated, like this gas tank or DS loops, then you might as well not even bother unless you're local.

He's a busy guy.

This dude needs me to build his website for him already. I've been trying to visit the website for a few months now to no avail.

I know a person that got a fuel cell and took like 11 months to get or some shit like that. It was great work and fits and works very well but the lead time is killer.

I'm still waiting on my fuel cell. I can't remember if it was March or April of 2012 when the order was placed. I'm hoping it should be here soon after all the setbacks.

I'm still waiting on my fuel cell. I can't remember if it was March or April of 2012 when the order was placed. I'm hoping it should be here soon after all the setbacks.

I ordered and paid for a front DS loop from him March '12 and I'm still waiting for it. If you want something that's CNC'd then he could probably whip it out in a few months but if it's fabricated, like this gas tank or DS loops, then you might as well not even bother unless you're local.

CNC seems to be the only priority at the moment. I ordered a fuel cell and gave a $500 deposit in November and the rest at the end of April. I was told end of May and now it hasn't even been started because the sheet metal he had cut somewhere else doesn't fit. If it was 3x the $$$ and made with a CNC machine it would have been done. Kind of irritating.:toobad:

I lucked out and found a local (1 hour drive in Orlando) that was selling a FF fuel cell with the exact modifications that i wanted. Should be arriving today.

Ive ordered 3 times already from FF, all 3 where CNC parts. Still waiting on the 3rd order for a few months now, and the previous 2 orders also took a few months... I know lately he's been having cnc machine troubles of some sourt. Although I don't mind that much waiting since I'm still working on the chassis of the race car and still haven't gotten into the engine stuff, etc. He's certainly has outgrown his shop and I think its time he hires an extra employee cause if some ppl have ordered stuff back at 2012 and are still waiting on it, it means he's taking more work than he can handle or his ship might sink sooner or later... I've never had a problem with him communication wise as everytime I've talked to him over fb, he has answered real quick...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Finally installed mine, bought the last one from Andrew @ Frontline Fab almost a year ago. Had to get the brackets and AN fittings welded. There are hard to find. The only one I know still making 2G fuel cells is Bryan at Vamos Fabrication.

watch that ground clearance with the bottom bung you welded on!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back