The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Front Subframe Bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattasi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
I have been searching for a couple hours and can't find my answer. I have the front subframe/crossmember off to replace the 6 stock bushings, because my motor is currently out. I just want to find new OEM bushings but JNZ tuning doesn't offer them for my car 1997 gsx. I am wondering were to find these parts?, not a guess I would like to hear from someone that has replaced them before. Happy friday to you all :hellyeah:

(2) MR244103
(2) MB871921
(2) MB870742

These OEM parts can be ordered through JNZ or the OEM parts dealer of your choice. I believe those are the right part numbers for your car, but I would want to check with your VIN # to be absolutely sure. There are also other parts that you may want to purchase: nuts, washers, and rubber stoppers. I can get you all the part numbers for these if you would like.

The part numbers are from ASA. Here are the part numbers for your car:

(Quantity) PNC # / Part # - Description

(2) 32171E / MR244103 - Bushing
(2) 32171C / MB871921 - Bushing
(2) 32171B / MB870742 - Bushing
(2) 32155C / MB910170 - Stopper
(2) 32155B / MB910464 - Stopper
(2) 32157B / MB303625 - Plate (washer)
(2) 32157C / MB303624 - Plate (washer)
(4) 32168 / MB242260 - Nut
(2) 32166E / MR198095 - Bolt

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made some north south front cross member bushings on a lathe. Though i am not certain the Mirage/Evo ones are the same dimensions.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Do any of you have any instructions on the easiest way to drop just the Subframe to perform the bushing swap and about how long it would take to just drop it. Car is on jack stands right now and looking up at it it looks like a chore.
This is a 1997 GSX.

Do any of you have any instructions on the easiest way to drop just the Subframe to perform the bushing swap and about how long it would take to just drop it. Car is on jack stands right now and looking up at it it looks like a chore.
This is a 1997 GSX.

I don't have any step by step instructions for it. With the motor still in the car it will be a pita. You need to remove the lower control arms, disconect the steering column from the steering rack, remove p/s lines from the steering rack, rear motor mount comes out. I would say for a normal person to drop it will take anywere from 3 to 10 hours, depending what problems you run into, rust, stripped bolts ect...

Thank-you very much for the reply. My son totaled the car Thursday so I guess thats one job I don't need to perform now.

"Dad, I have good new and bad news."

"Give me the good news first, son."

"OK. You don't need to order those parts for the car."

- - -

sorry for your loss (as well as for my own sense of humor)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back