The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Free Colder Air Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This article explains how to very easily help your air filter breathe in colder air. I had been looking around the forums and all I could find was people routing ducting from the front of the car onto the airfilter, which while I'm sure that works pretty well, I like to take the simple approach to things.

What you will need:

1. Angle Grinder and grinding wheel - $10 at Harbor Freight (I borrowed mine from a friend)

2. Tools to remove your intake, intercooler (if still on sidemount) and your upper intercooler pipe.

3. Protective glasses - There were lots and lots of sparks flying everywhere while I did this, I would also recommend wearing a long sleeve shirt and some pants, as the sparks were flying onto my bare skin and burning off all my manly chest hair.

Like I said I like to keep it simple, so here it is.

1. Remove intake/mas

2. Cover turbo inlet with rag or paper towel.

3. Remove upper intercooler pipe.

4. Remove intercooler (only if you own a sidemount)

5. Take out the 3 bolts that hold the fusebox in place (makes it a little easier to cut in the corner)

6. Grind out as much as you can without cutting into the frame or any screws/bolts that may be lurking on the sides. Be sure that you don't cut any of the wires going to the fusebox.

7. Re-install IC, piping, and intake!

Attachments

• IMG_8845.jpg
    IMG_8845.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3,796
  • IMG_8844.jpg
    IMG_8844.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,759
  • IMG_8847.jpg
    IMG_8847.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,754
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back