1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

FPR to Fuel return line help

Posted by jgio213, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:39 PM

Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. jgio213

jgio213 Proven Member

Joined Sep 27, 2017
    Ludlow, Massachusetts
    Hey guys,
    Im wrapping up some odds and ends on my car and 1 thing that has me stumped is some pretty simple plumbing issues on the fuel system. Mainly what I need help with is how have you all run your return line from the FPR to the Fuel return. The stock return line is a slip fit and clamp connector and the return fitting on my FPR is an 8AN. Does anyone use the stock return line after upgrading the FPR and fuel system or should I just run 8an SS hose all the way back to the fuel pump/tank. This is probably a stupidly simple suggestion but googling has not yielded great results so I'm hoping you all will have some good tips. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Cheers

My DSM:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    You can run it with no problems im running a 8 feed and a larger return because mine rusted out, close to a 8 .

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  3. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I am just running stock lines here in the Midwest where stuff is still in reasonable shape. My FPR has a hose barb adaptor to 3/8 line but I can fit the stock hose over the barb. Its kinda tough and I have an E85 sensor in the return out of the FPR also so its a coiled up snake. :/
    But, there you have 2 good options and I support Vic 100%.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
  4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Most will find 6AN return just fine, feed is the problem because if you go 8AN feed you need a pumo that can keep up pressures.

Currently im just running stock return line but when j get to the next stage i will be doing it 6AN return

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Road Race Build

175 whp   180.1 lb/ft
  5. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    It's easiest to just buy the appropriate barb fitting so you can run the usual rubber/whatever line.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  6. jgio213

jgio213 Proven Member

Joined Sep 27, 2017
    Ludlow, Massachusetts
    Thanks for the input guys. I miss-typed earlier, my fuel system is all currently 6 AN not 8 sorry. But yea i found a connector with the barb fitting for my FPR so I just used that and tied into the stock return line. As long as the pressure test holds up and no leaks are found on the stock return line I'll run that. But I think eventually i'll switch it over to a full 6AN feed and return system just for simplicity and to replace the almost 30 year old lines under there. Thanks!

My DSM:
  7. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I'm using my afpr and some fittings forgot what size and a clamp works great.