The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Fp turbo thread repairs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy2

Proven Member
Oct 7, 2013
Helsinki, Europe
Hello!
Iv been having some "issues" with fp green flange threads. Seems like everytime i take turbo apart from manifold it breaks threads from turbo. Its anyoning to pull manifold out to repair thread with helicoil. Never had problems with mhi turbos. Any work around this issue as i dont want to drill it everytime?

Drill them out and use m8 nuts and bolts with washers. When they seize(they will) you can easily break them in half with a breaker bar, and just replace with new.

Drill them out and use m8 nuts and bolts with washers. When they seize(they will) you can easily break them in half with a breaker bar, and just replace with new.

Best advice right here. I went through this bs many years ago. I tried the good antiseize the mhi bolts heating it up and never failed I always had one or all if they didn't snap the threads would be so galled they'd be unusable. Only had this issue with my 7cm evo 3 housing mind you. I just drilled the holes out and went with I believe 3/8 bolts and washers I ground the bottom side a bit so its flattish 10 yrs later no problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back