The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

FP TD05H 8cm Turbine Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetdsmpwr

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 13, 2009
Canton, Michigan
Does anyone know where I can find a Forced Performance TD05H 8cm Turbine Housing? I contacted FP and they said that they do not have any in stock and they do not plan to make more any time soon. Thanks!

They're using the housings exclusively on their own turbos now...which is the reason the housings (and DSM-style actuators) are no longer available for individual sale.

You're not going to gain anything going with an 8cm2 housing over an 7cm2 housing on an Evo III 16G. The factory Evo III 16G turbine housings are the lightest, thinnest, and most-durable housing money can buy...the downside is they eat bolts horribly due to the high-nickel casting.

I bought my Evo III 16G used and the wastegate was heavily ported and the divider between the turbine outlet and wastegate outlet were cut out. Because of this, I was having trouble getting the turbo to hold boost at high RPM's. I am building a 2.3 stroker as we speak and I plan to upgrade the turbo down the road, but I would like to change out the exhaust housing in the meantime. JusMX141, do you have any Evo III 7 cm turbine housings I could buy?

Our tech forums aren't intended to be used as a place to exchange parts or entice business transactions. What would be REALLY convenient is if we had a private message feature that enabled members to contact each other directly....

:|

^ Standard, low-nickel, non-Evo III turbine housings like the one in your example don't eat bolts nearly as bad as the Evo III housings do. I rarely have trouble getting bolts out of those....and I disassemble a LOT of them.

Using the proper spring loaded washers, oem bolts, and copper antisieze goes a long way in not ruining your stuff. I haven't messed up any bolts that hold the turbo on or the o2 housing on in I don't know how long.... and i have no ceramic coating. Ceramic coat is a nice option for those of you who can afford it. The chrome definitely looks very nice.

AWD Coupe - any chance you can name drop who did those parts for you? Was it Tirado?

Using the proper spring loaded washers, oem bolts, and copper antisieze goes a long way in not ruining your stuff. I haven't messed up any bolts that hold the turbo on or the o2 housing on in I don't know how long.

Agreed, except I'd recommend nickel anti-sieze. Also, crack all the bolts loose while everything's still hot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back