The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G FP Manifold fitment issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
Has anyone had trouble with the FP manifold not fitting? I got mine (ported and coated) and it won't fit over the studs. I've got my stock manifold and a 1g manifold that fit without any issue, but the FP manifold will not. Wanted to see if anyone had similar trouble.

Never heard of this. Mine fit with no issues and I have the worst luck with everything LOL. Do you have any pics of the mounting flange to compare your stock one? I'm assuming that's where the issue is.

Also, may sound dumb but did you make sure its a dsm specific model? Not for an evo or something?

Bolt the flanges together or line them up and see if they match. LOL.
The only problem I ran into was having to mod my PS pump bracket to let it come on and off easy but I am a 1g running a 2g head so it has big studs in the ends.

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine isn't fitting either, the holes are just slightly bigger than the studs and theres no wiggle room to get the other studs centered correctly (oem fits nicely) I'm thinking of drilling the hole bigger with drill bit or dremel
Has anyone had trouble with the FP manifold not fitting? I got mine (ported and coated) and it won't fit over the studs. I've got my stock manifold and a 1g manifold that fit without any issue, but the FP manifold will not. Wanted to see if anyone had similar trouble.

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine isn't fitting either, the holes are just slightly bigger than the studs and theres no wiggle room to get the other studs centered correctly (oem fits nicely) I'm thinking of drilling the hole bigger with drill bit or dremel
You can enlarge a couple of holes, I have done that. But if you don't want to, you can try to remove the studs and mount the manifold first, and install new studs with hex hole through the manifold flange.

You can enlarge a couple of holes, I have done that. But if you don't want to, you can try to remove the studs and mount the manifold first, and install new studs with hex hole through the manifold flange.
Thanks a lot!

Bolt the flanges together or line them up and see if they match. LOL.
The only problem I ran into was having to mod my PS pump bracket to let it come on and off easy but I am a 1g running a 2g head so it has big studs in the ends.
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you mod the PS bracket to let the manifold come on and off easy? Removing the manifold is always a pain with the PS pump in the way

I had to grind down an edge of the bracket that would not allow me to get a socket on an extension over and past the bracket to loosen it. I am at work but I could grab a picture when I get home. I think you will see what I am talking about. I took my bracket to a grinding wheel and it didn't take long. I did 2 of my cars that way, the 92 and the Red 90.

Will do guys. I should be home around 3ish this afternoon and will grab a picture for all to see. It is handy not to have to fuss with that PS bracket.

I also had fitment issues with a FP manifold but I wasn't sure if it was the manifold or because I had just repaired some exhaust manifold stud holes that had stripped out and the repair jobs weren't perfectly straight. I, like @DSMPT , enlarged the holes I needed to enlarge on the manifold flange and haven't looked back.

Here is all you do to the PS bracket....this is on a 6 bolt 1g car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I really don't know why it wasn't designed that way in the beginning.

I also had fitment issues with a FP manifold but I wasn't sure if it was the manifold or because I had just repaired some exhaust manifold stud holes that had stripped out and the repair jobs weren't perfectly straight. I, like @DSMPT , enlarged the holes I needed to enlarge on the manifold flange and haven't looked back.
Yes, I just made the diameter of the holes a tad bit bigger and it made all the difference I needed. Went in like hot knife through butter. Unfortunately I just realized one of the studs is stripped so ima have to helicoil and replace it. Kinda wanna just run without it. But I guess I better get it out the way

You will appreciate having taken care of it before buttoning things back up. Do it once and do it right!

Here is all you do to the PS bracket....this is on a 6 bolt 1g car.

I just did this mod on your recommendation, thanks @1990TSIAWDTALON !!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back