The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Fp intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpin81

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2007
bellingham, Washington
So I bought an forced performance intake but i was conserned about not having any vacuum fittings for the e-vap , valve cover breather and the boost control solenoid, and i found after hours of searching for an easy solution, exactually what i was looking for..

I found these percect vacuum fittings no weld or tap required, the come with rubber garments so just drill insert rubber garmet and put your vacume nipple in and your good. mabey a little multi purpose adhesvie :).

Great for a clean and easy install. no more tapping or welding on fittings for custom intakes !!

I got them from full throttle speed style 2 10mm fittings and 1 16 mm fitting.

Just thought id pass along the info

By the way does anyone have a sealed oil catch can they want to get rid of ?

Last edited:
i haven't gotten the fittings yet, i was also concerned about the garments, i will use the first bit i can find that matches the diamater of where the garment will physically seal.

what i thought of to over come the issue of the fp intake being so thick is to use a bigger bit lager then the hole i drilled to kinda tapper the hole like i was going to counter sink a screw. then the garment should seal easily.assuming it wont without the counter sink.:aha:

Last edited:
Okay, I was fooling around with this intake yesterday, and I am wanting to drill two holes, and place to 3/8 fittings for the pcv function. I have two nipples coming from the valve cover (oem) and I'll let the turbo suck the blow by and add in line filters to capture most of the oil deposits. (i hope) I am very curious to see how it works out for you. I may go the same route as you.

hmm inline filters, that would be a substitute for a catch can setup, i just dont like the idea of the oil going all over the inside of my FP intake, but that would be a temperary soution for sure.

the 2 nipples your talking about on the vavle cover 1 is on the side and the valve cover crank case breather i guess the other should be the pvc valve on the back of the valve cover.

dont forget about your boost contorl solenoid, unless you plan on sourcing it somewheres else.

My intake manifold (after market) has 5 vacuum/boost sources. I saw different types of fuel filters which would be a great substitute for the catch can method. The entry nipple is lower than the exit nipple, I think this will decrease or eliminate the build up in the intake (fp). The filters would be able to soak up a lot more vapor by having the exit and entry points at different heights. The inline style would just be straight through and would allow the build up. I saw these filters at Autozone.

inline fuel filters working as inline vapor catchers, that would probably work, and it would still be hooked up basically factory style.

I have been using this setup for only three days, and i checked the filters, they look to be in working order, the intake is clean, I am only running 8lbs of boost due to the rebuild. I will post pics, I drilled with a 15/16" drill (i thinks thats correct) and tapped two 3/8" connections. I left the pcv valve (oem) on the valve cover and just like you said...its working like the factory style. We will have constant vacuum.

yeah by all means post some pics of the setup, i may use this exact setup. Instead of a catch can, which im a little worried about.

Better to drill the pipe and thread it for pipe thread nipple, we can even do it for you when you place your order. multi piece grommet nipples will invariably end up disassembling themselves and introduce their bits to your 150krpm compressor at the most in opportune moment.

BOOSTON!

Robert Young

Anything is possible, Ive decided not to use any vacuum lines or a catch can LOL, the pcv is venting to the intake where it does stock , and the valve cover breather is venting to a k&n filter.

Last edited:
Anything is possible, Ive decided not to use any vacuum lines or a catch can LOL, the pvc is venting to the intake where it does stock , and the valve cover breather is venting to a k&n filter.

:nono:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/366890-4g63t-pcv-system.html

I saw different types of fuel filters which would be a great substitute for the catch can method

Actually...they aren't. They aren't made to remove oil aerosols, they clog quickly and collapse, and they usually increase crankcase pressure due to the high pressure drop that most of them have.

And... listen to Robert. Drill and tap the intake, and use a brass hose barb. It's just as easy and cheap, and won't endanger your nice new compressor wheel.

Last edited:
whats wrong with what im doing ? I'm curious, according to your thread the compressor wheel on the turbo creates a small amount of vacuum to vent the valve cover breather into your intake to fill your intake turbo and intercoole piping with oily vapors, but with it vented to the atmosphere at the breather wouldn't it be breathing better since there is no check valve there ?

Also with dsm link i can adjust the maf to compensate for the un metered air.

I relly dont want to tap into my Fp intake unless absoutly nessearry. If its so nessesarry why isnt it tapped with vacume fittings ?

I read your thread, is the un-meter air the only consern ? The pcv is still venting normally, and the breather on the valve cover is still breathing.........

...but with it vented to the atmosphere at the breather wouldn't it be breathing better since there is no check valve there ?

I don't understand this question. There shouldn't be a check valve on the VC breather vent...so I'm not sure what you are asking.

I read your thread, is the un-meter air the only consern ?

No, in fact it's one of the least concerns.

okay let me reword this a little, if the pcv valve is untouched and still operating in its stock setup with full vacuum pull from the intake manifold, why cant the vc breather just vent to atmosphere ? Why must vacuum be applied to the vc breather ? Can it not breath properly without vacuum ?

Thats why i have a filter on there so it wont get messy, i was hoping for an answer like that , i was starting to get worried i dont drive the car yet i still need to tune it, but i wanted this figured out while it was on topic again.

Thanks.

p.s. typically how much more CK pressure is seen running it this way. The old owner of the engine ran it this way for years.

Thats why i have a filter on there so it wont get messy,

Doesn't matter...you'll have a mess eventually. I drain about a pint or more of nasty blowby out of my catch can on every oil change. Will your paper filter hold that much? And when it's saturated with oil, how well do think it's going to allow airflow through the crankcase?

typically how much more CK pressure is seen running it this way.

No way to know unless you measure it.

The old owner of the engine ran it this way for years.

I'm not surprised in the least. :)

if your geting a pint of blow by between every oil change then there must be a prolbem with your engine. Ive never seen that much blow by on any dsm in any intake ever if that were the case i would have 100 pints of oil in my intake system LOL Also the mess your talking about never happend on my friends car before it was my car now its in my gsx LOL

if your geting a pint of blow by between every oil change then there must be a prolbem with your engine. Ive never seen that much blow by on any dsm in any intake ever if that were the case i would have 100 pints of oil in my intake system LOL Also the mess your talking about never happend on my friends car before it was my car now its in my gsx LOL

Ok; I'll get it checked out then. :rolleyes:

BTW - Why are you here asking questions? Sounds like you know everything already.

Last edited:
Lol I wouldn't say I know more, but im no idiot eathier. I have OCD when it comes to my DSM's, infact i think all DSM owners do LOL just comes with the car and I guess I was trying to find a good enough reason to tap into my intake i didnt want to tap into LOL. If it can still vent normally then its all good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back