The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Fp hta green failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I called FP about the oiling for my black, the only thing the guy told me was run it off the ofh with no restrictor, he said the more oil pressure the better. Just my experience, I just deleted my balance shafts and I haven't installed the turbo yet, hopefully my seals won't blow!

Make sure you have the biggest drain you can get because that is a lot of oil to get rid of. :thumb:

I was told the same about my hta green. Idle was fine but revving 2k rpms and up it would blow blue smoke. Took it apart and found turbine side leak. I was using the fp blue drain with gaskets no rtv. Switch to a 2g drain which helped but still had smoke. Ran a restrictor which still gave me good pressure but lower volume. No more smoke. Ran 30 psi for over a year. No play of any sort.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back