The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FP Black Street car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMer541

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 27, 2009
Eugene, Oregon
This car has been a project of mine for the last couple years, got it pretty much stock, and is now an 11 sec street car, built and tuned by me in my garage. This last year has been my most successful getting into the 11's on a 20G turbo and full street trim on 92 octane Gasoline, but still is not enough for me, its time to get serious and grab some 10's. You guys will be seeing a lot more from me this 2014 season.
I bought a JB Black turbo from Forced Performance for my weapon for this next year ( though they didn't send me any stickers to rep them, hint hint FP ), and plan on running E85, so let the terror begin. :hellyeah:
I'll be updating over the next couple months as I get everything together and get the turbo on. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAHVOCr4K6s]20G Eclipse GSX 11.96 @118.6 mph - YouTube[/ame] One of my better passes in 2013 on the 20G. All Mods are up to date in my profile.

Attachments

• trackpic.jpg
    trackpic.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0854[3].jpg
    IMG_0854[3].jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 628
  • CAM00145.jpg
    CAM00145.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 803
  • CAM00304.jpg
    CAM00304.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 664
  • CAM00130.jpg
    CAM00130.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 605
  • FP.Black.1.jpg
    FP.Black.1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 709
  • FP.Black.jpg
    FP.Black.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 780
Last edited:
I'll be curious to see how you do, our cars are nearly twins and will have very similar setup, I'm running a JB Red, 11.74 @ 119 was my best last season, 93 pump @ 25 psi.

Looking good man!

Good luck man! We have nearly identical cars and I'm rooting for you to get into the 10's. Definitely keep us updated on the progress.

I'll be curious to see how you do, our cars are nearly twins and will have very similar setup, I'm running a JB Red, 11.74 @ 119 was my best last season, 93 pump @ 25 psi.

Looking good man!

Thanx! haha I was Just showing my wife your video's earlier too saying I found my twin LOL.

Good luck man! We have nearly identical cars and I'm rooting for you to get into the 10's. Definitely keep us updated on the progress.

Thank you! I definitely will update soon! I'm just mostly waiting on the Tial MVS wastegate to get here then it will be ready to go on.

Gratz on the Black...nice intercooler too looks good on there...you gonna try to be at IFO in may?

If we get the white car together by then hopefully he can get that up there too. Should have the fwd ready by then and we will see you up there. I have too order another core now too to go with pipes I have left..LOL

Nice build. I'm running the black as well. Pulls real good and I only got to 20#s before I ran into some problems. Going to meth injection, sd and a boost solenoid after I get my tranny back. Interested to see what kind of power you put down.

That's awesome man! What's the spool like? Does it have a hard hitting torque compared to your old turbo?

Spool isn't bad. Its a little laggier than I expected but still feels nice. Saw 20 psi at 4600 rpm, and 25 about 4800 rpm starting a pull from 4k, and im seeing between 54-56 lbs/min of airflow at 28-29 psi between 7-7.5k rpm.
Doesn't hit as hard as my 20G and I definitely lost some mid range torque, but once the torque comes on it holds and just rips no problem to 8k rpm, and the power up top more than makes up for the loss of mid range.. Also There is nearly no lag between shifts if I shift fast, so that is nice.
Overall I think its an awesome street/strip turbo. I should have some dyno numbers by this weekend, next weekend at the latest.

i totally noticed that garage 808 integra, im right down the road in medford. Ever come down this way?

Not really, but if I do ill hit you up. :thumb: let me know if you ever make your way up here. The car scene is getting a lot bigger in Eugene, we have been having car meets almost every weekend and there's usually at least 20-30 cars that show up on a small meet, sometimes up to 50 cars or more when the weather is nice. Though usually a quarter of those are Hondas LOL.

$$ .... Its on the to do list haha. Trust me I want to put a sheet metal on or something, just need to save some more money.

I hear ya. It took me a long time to assemble my parts. Only difference between your setup and mine is an FRH IM and I'm running E85 on my 2150's.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your numbers.

I hear ya. It took me a long time to assemble my parts. Only difference between your setup and mine is an FRH IM and I'm running E85 on my 2150's.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your numbers.

Thank you! will do! I'm gonna put in a 450 e85 walbro pump and run e85 on my 1450's after I get some results on gasoline.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back