The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

FP black install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disturbance

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
So I'm looking at upgrading to an FP black for my soon build. I will have all supporting mods just one question, I'm currently running a 16g oil fed from OFH I was reading on FP site that you should have some oversized feed line and should go from the head, is this true? What all would I need to go from the 16g to the black?

I believe they recommend feeding from the ofh. Shoot Michael an email or call them they will be happy to answer any questions. Blacks are also on sale right now.

The FP Black has a down-firing compressor cover. You need an L shaped coupler to attach to the bottom ic pipe. Well, besides the obvious change of the intake pipe setup (considerably larger on the black v. 16g). Using their recommended size drain wouldn't hurt either.

Use their recommended feed for it. Buy it, install it, don't worry about it later. Still Ofh fed.

Also make sure to follow their guidelines for oiling it (they went through the testing/ know what's up on their own creations).
http://store.forcedperformance.net/...Performance Recommendations for Motor Oil.pdf

So I'm looking at upgrading to an FP black for my soon build. I will have all supporting mods just one question, I'm currently running a 16g oil fed from OFH I was reading on FP site that you should have some oversized feed line and should go from the head, is this true?
Absolutely not.

Since the journal bearing Black is new to the market in our platform and literally nobody is running it yet, why not send an email to the builder with your question? Especially when the warranty status of your new turbo is on the line.
What all would I need to go from the 16g to the black?
The ability to put 25-30 lb/min of additional airflow to good use....otherwise you're going to absolutely hate that turbo.

Hi.

Our line will guarantee it gets the oil it needs but if you don't want to spend $100 on ours a unrestricted -4 line fed off the filter housing will work fine.

If the turbo fails within the warranty period you will be required to send in your oil line for inspection.

-Michael

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Fiend v1.0.1.

So is the oil line fitting the same from the 16g to the black. I have a -4 size oil line from the filter but I don't know if the fitting on the turbo is the same. And moving the air shouldn't be a problem, I'll have oversized valves, cams, intake and full exhaust. Only part I may have a problem with is I'm still running stock MAF

So is the oil line fitting the same from the 16g to the black. I have a -4 size oil line from the filter but I don't know if the fitting on the turbo is the same. And moving the air shouldn't be a problem, I'll have oversized valves, cams, intake and full exhaust. Only part I may have a problem with is I'm still running stock MAF

you will need more than that to compensate for the additional charged air

Injectors, fuel pump upgrade and regulator at least. more air more fuel

Yeah I will have all of that. As far as air and fuel go I will have plenty there and have link and all that. I just don't know by physical size if it will fit and if I need a new oil feed line or anything else to switch from my 16g. It's going to be a full blown build, not a half ass slapped on turbo

Do those black in line filters ever come out? Or once it's in there is i perminantly stuck, couldnt get it out virtually destroyed it.

Same here. It comes out easy with a tiny drill bit, but if your not careful you'll poke a hole right through the mesh. They're only $2.50 for a new one, but shipping (according to their site) is $17.50 which doesn't seem right. So I'd give them a call if your looking for a replacement.

So is the oil line fitting the same from the 16g to the black. I have a -4 size oil line from the filter but I don't know if the fitting on the turbo is the same.

If they're using MHI housings, then it will probably use a banjo setup like stock. Whether or not your current 16g's banjo is the same, I have no clue. That would be something to ask them.

Do those black in line filters ever come out? Or once it's in there is i perminantly stuck, couldnt get it out virtually destroyed it.

A wood screw works really really really well to pull it out.

The banjo fitting and bolt are the same thread pitch and size.

-Michael

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back