The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Found out why my axle seal was leaking.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oem. The first one I bought, before the one I installed wrong, I bought local. Even though the store rep puled up parts for a GSX, I watched, I still ended up with the wrong seal, so I ordered the proper one from ExtremePSI. They've never let me down. Even got both seals in under a week with standard shipping.

Oem. The first one I bought, before the one I installed wrong, I bought local. Even though the store rep puled up parts for a GSX, I watched, I still ended up with the wrong seal, so I ordered the proper one from ExtremePSI. They've never let me down. Even got both seals in under a week with standard shipping.
Just checking, my new oem one is leaking...... Maybe i drove it in to far?

Just wanted to update this thread, I replaced both output bearings, they each had about 1/8" or more worth of play. Only drove the car a mile or so since, but no leaks so far, and I think I put everything back together correctly. Shifts great. The gears had some chipped teeth, but nothing too bad, I will add some pics when I can.

Just wanted to thank @twicks69 for the mini-writeup and tips. Never had a trans apart before, and it wasn't too bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back