The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Forced Performance exhaust manifold blanket off ebay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I actually came across this the other day and was wondering the samething! It looks like it would work, and seems to check out. But my question is would this be any better than wrapping the exhaust mani with the temperature wrap material. Because the wrap is about half the cost of the manifold blanket.

I actually came across this the other day and was wondering the samething! It looks like it would work, and seems to check out. But my question is would this be any better than wrapping the exhaust mani with the temperature wrap material. Because the wrap is about half the cost of the manifold blanket.

The wrap is cheaper but the blanket looks better cause its one whole piece. Instead of multiple layers of wrapping. Hope someone can chime in that's bought one. :hellyeah:

I installed mine the other week. Probably not much info on this site but there's good info about the blanket on the Link forums. Fitment is good & yes, it definitely reduces heat. If you have a FP mani, its definitely a good idea to pick up one of these.

I've never seen one of these before this. Might have to look into one. I like the look.

Just installed mine last night. Took the car for a hard drive and could place my hand on the mani afterwards. Very warm but nowhere near the burning hot it was before. Be patient with the install and the smell afterwards is it curing and is normal.

Thanks guys im definately ordering my blanket this week. Gotta support our supporting vendors. :hellyeah: Plus if it lowers underhood temp then thats what i need.

I know this post is a few months old, but has anyone with this blanket ended up with a cracked manifold from FP. I was under the impression that by trapping the heat you run the risk of cracking it?

I just got my blanket today. I was thoroughly disappointed with the " stainless ties " that it comes with. Essentially 3 10" pieces of wire, on top of no instructions or documentation what so ever.

I'll be buying some nice clamps to use instead of whatever it is they intend you do with what is supplied.

Other than that the blanket itself is of great quality and fit.

I just got my blanket today. I was thoroughly disappointed with the " stainless ties " that it comes with. Essentially 3 10" pieces of wire, on top of no instructions or documentation what so ever.

I'll be buying some nice clamps to use instead of whatever it is they intend you do with what is supplied.

Other than that the blanket itself is of great quality and fit.

If you have an issue with the blanket or anything with it. Feel free to call me and I'll handle it. They've recently been changed from grommets and stainless ties, to lacing anchors and tie wire. The blankets will last better with no fasteners pulling out. The stainless zip ties were a one shot deal, once you connected them, they had to be cut off. The wire lets you install/remove without having to replace any hardware. The stainless zip ties also won't fit under the lacing anchor so tie wire was the only real option.

What would you like to see for instructions? Every customer to this point has expressed that instructions weren't necessary. Considering the blanket can only be installed on the manifold one way.

If you want instructions, no problem. Have questions, comments, or concerns about anything regarding the blanket. I'm available. Thanks.

Levi

Also, if anyone prefers the grommets/stainless zip ties over the lacing anchors and tie wire. I can make them either way and would be happy to make whatever style is preferred to each customer. The anchors and tie wire is the more solid fastening system but each to their own.

If you have an issue with the blanket or anything with it. Feel free to call me and I'll handle it. They've recently been changed from grommets and stainless ties, to lacing anchors and tie wire. The blankets will last better with no fasteners pulling out. The stainless zip ties were a one shot deal, once you connected them, they had to be cut off. The wire lets you install/remove without having to replace any hardware. The stainless zip ties also won't fit under the lacing anchor so tie wire was the only real option.

What would you like to see for instructions? Every customer to this point has expressed that instructions weren't necessary. Considering the blanket can only be installed on the manifold one way.

If you want instructions, no problem. Have questions, comments, or concerns about anything regarding the blanket. I'm available. Thanks.

Levi

Well I've seen 2 different ways to install it via the web, one with ties running from the top, across the front of the blanket/manifold, and back around underneath.

And the other from the top straight to the back underneath.

I was unable to find which was the " correct / intended " way for it to be ran and I just thought that twisting a piece of wire around a tab was tacky. I was expecting gromets that you could just run ties/clamps through.

It's a simple enough fix, and the important part to me was the blanket itself, which I think looks awesome, and fits perfectly.

I would still recommend this to anyone, I just wasn't pleased with the mounting solution offered.

Well I've seen 2 different ways to install it via the web, one with ties running from the top, across the front of the blanket/manifold, and back around underneath.

And the other from the top straight to the back underneath.

I was unable to find which was the " correct / intended " way for it to be ran and I just thought that twisting a piece of wire around a tab was tacky. I was expecting gromets that you could just run ties/clamps through.

It's a simple enough fix, and the important part to me was the blanket itself, which I think looks awesome, and fits perfectly.

I would still recommend this to anyone, I just wasn't pleased with the mounting solution offered.

There is literally no wrong way to run the ties. You're only keeping the blanket on the manifold to avoid running it over. How you do that is entirely up to you and what you think looks best.

I typically prefer to hook the tie around the anchor, run the tie between the ports in the manifold and hook it to the coresponding anchor below. Then you only see a small portion of the tie holding the blanket on. But I've also seen them ran just about every other way as well.

I'd be happy to send you the grommet/stainless zip tie version with a return label for the lacing anchor/tie wire if you would rather have that style. I'm really only interested in making sure everyone who purchases one of the blankets is pleased with the final outcome. Whether it's an issue with the ties, the blanket, or anything that leaves a feeling of purchase regret. I want to make sure it's handled correctly so both parties are happy.

Beyond the tie issue, thanks for your compliments about the blanket itself. I think you'll be even more impressed with the way it performs.

There is literally no wrong way to run the ties. You're only keeping the blanket on the manifold to avoid running it over. How you do that is entirely up to you and what you think looks best.

I typically prefer to hook the tie around the anchor, run the tie between the ports in the manifold and hook it to the coresponding anchor below. Then you only see a small portion of the tie holding the blanket on. But I've also seen them ran just about every other way as well.

I'd be happy to send you the grommet/stainless zip tie version with a return label for the lacing anchor/tie wire if you would rather have that style. I'm really only interested in making sure everyone who purchases one of the blankets is pleased with the final outcome. Whether it's an issue with the ties, the blanket, or anything that leaves a feeling of purchase regret. I want to make sure it's handled correctly so both parties are happy.

Beyond the tie issue, thanks for your compliments about the blanket itself. I think you'll be even more impressed with the way it performs.

Thank you for your excellent customer service / backing. As you mentioned having changed from the grommets for good reason I'll stick with the one I have and give the ties another shot.

I certainly have no purchase regret, and you can consider me happy :p

I was looking into one of these myself for my fp mani a while back. There any way we can see more installed pics? :) any one chime in with pics... It's either this, or im going to make a heat shield outta sheet metal. seen a member on here that did his own and It was awesome. (silver 2gb gsx, from Wi)

I received mine a couple weeks ago with the stainless wire ties, no complaints at all! I appreciate the customer service and could not be happier with the $108 I spent on the blanket! I really appreciate you supporting our platform!

Wonder if this will actually help me with my chase for the 14b record. Only benefit I see is cooler underhood temps, but I run a cold air intake so I don't see those dropping any.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back