The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G fog light wiring for aux fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blktalon3

Supporting VIP
Aug 30, 2006
Stanford, Kentucky
Ok here's what I want to do. I just put on a fan on my trans cooler and for the wiring I was gonna use the fog light switch to turn it on and off and just tap into the stock wiring. the only problem is I would only be able to use it with the headlights on because the power for the fogs run through the headlight switch. Can I cut the wire from the headlight switch and just run 12v to it. Would that work alright.

why don't you just run a aux switch for the fan. or if you want to really monitor it run a temp switch to control the fan . Ive seen a temp sensor relay ran in the same fashion as the rad. fan to come on when needed.

I feel hacking into factory wires wouldn't be clean. what temp are you trying to keep your trans at.

What about running off of the rad. Fan sensor. That would be close to your 180 temp and it would automatically turn on. My thought on this is if your running the car hard to heat up the trans. Temp your coolant temp is going to kinda go hand and hand. Just a thought.

Yes, you could wire it that way depending on the amp draw of the cooling fan. Those smaller fans pull less then 7 amps. Make sure you fuse it correctly and connect the switch lead to a 12v switched wire.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back