The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Fog light patch. Possible? Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
I have an unpainted bumper and would like to fill the fog light holes. I probably need a patch for some strength.

I found this video showing the process:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

but I can't find where to buy those products.

Can anyone suggestion alternatives?

Anyone have a link saved for a good "how to guide" on patching large holes?

i have repaired large hole with similar plastic or watever compound meating it in then used a flexible bumper fix like 3m to finish off

could also just get a metal screen and melt it into the bumper like in the vid and use the 3m stuff

I had my front bumper "shaved" when I had my car resprayed, gives the front end a much cleaner look. My guess is he used a fiberglass resin, there is some wire mesh behind all that stuff.

Attachments

• 20170408_185928-1.jpg
    20170408_185928-1.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 70
I had my front bumper "shaved" when I had my car resprayed, gives the front end a much cleaner look. My guess is he used a fiberglass resin, there is some wire mesh behind all that stuff.

Damn, that's a smooth look. Very nice job! Should have been offered that way from the factory.

This is what I'm trying to accomplish. Question is, how & what materials do I need.

that was a pretty cool video. good news is, you dont need to do that (unless we are talking 1g). some 2G RS bumpers came with vent covers. you can find them at a junk yard every now and then, or a part out, people have them up for grabs some times. no joke, ive seen them myself. in fact, they even have dash speaker covers, which i did end up grabbing. they look freakin sweet. if you are looking for some weight reduction, the RS manual doors will shave a lot of weight off. the door panels are one solid piece, and the mirrors are manual adjust. i am not 100% positive on the fog lights, but i believe they have covers for them also. i pulled the dash instrument blank off from an RS, which deleted the mirror adjust button, cruise control, and fog lights.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back