The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

General Flying Banana has Start/Run issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok guys, so I got the car to run for a little bit, it never idled on its own fully. What I had to do was use AEMProClassic. Revert the ECU Firmware to v.94 I then made sure AutoEE was On. I uploaded a calibration file that was in the old .gdf format. I replaced a section of fuel hose from the fuel rail to the FPR and noticed my FP dropped by about 15 on my gauge which is weird seeing as ive never messed with the FPR Set Screw. I adjusted it until I seen around 50PSI and the car started and ran but only with the accelerator pressed. While it was running it was stumbling horribly and I noticed that my PSI was pegged so I adjusted the FPR at about 32PSI it cleaned out and was sounding great but still would not idle on its own. On the next try the car seemed like it didnt want to start so I set the FPR to 50PSI KOEO and she fired up and the FP settled at around 38PSI on its own. It was stumbling a little bit so in AEMProclassic I went to set IGN and advanced it a tiny bit...she ran beautifully but once again wont idle. Shuts right off the minute the foot is lifted. I reset everything back to the way it was at the beginning of the first startup for the night so I can start fresh again. I have to leave for Limerock on Wed so ill probably be way to busy to mess with her much for a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Also wanted to note that during the first run I got a glance at the AFR and it was around 11:1 this was on AEMProclassic I couldnt see what it said on the gauge in the car

on the road to Lime Rock CT so I'll try to make this short and neat. Found some info on the motor. It started and ran a little bit more. Still doesn't want to idle right. So I'm going back to the basics when I get back from the Race. I'll check entire fuel system, check spark, ensure the motor is at TDC and all timing marks including the CAS are good.. Etc.. Etc (not in that order) at any rate I digress. Here is the MOD list I have so far. Unfortunately I don't have the specs. I tried to get a hold of the engine builder with no luck

2.4 Block.

Wiseco pistons

Oliver rods

FP3 cams

FP3052 Turbo

57MM PWR Radiator
PTE AS1025 31.5 x 8 x 3.5 that will sit high in the fascia (front body kit) at a 35 degree angle that keeps the radiator open (new 57mm PWR radiator)

Precision 1000cc Injectors.

6-puck race disc from RRE

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back