The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

fluidampr vs ATI super harmonic balancer??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzie_1978

15+ Year Contributor
May 5, 2008
Augusta, Georgia
I have searched but haven't found much on if one is actually better than the other. Fluidampr is about $130 cheaper but ATI claims to be better because it actually replaces the crank gear. Anyone care to make suggestions on this and give reasons?

Ok, rather than make another post asking the exact same thing I am wondering the exact same thing. For such a price difference WTF is different about the ATI

So from what I read here from the OP. The ATI replaces the OEM crank gear. And I take it the Fluidampr does not. So then the ATI is a solid piece. which is cool. Makes me question how well the gear compaires to the factory OEM one though. So is that then the ONLY real difference? And if so how much of an advantage is having it all once piece assuming the gear is manufactured dead on with the OEM part.

Fluidampr replaces the whole dampner as well. It's also flexible with any engine frequency. My advice is to go with Fluidampr.

You, do realise they both work the same right. Meaning there both "flexible with any engine frequency"

Does anyone have a part number for a fluidampr? I saw nothing on their site for DSM's. I have a 2G TSi AWD.

EDIT ~ Nevermind, I went to the wrong site (it had a dash in the middle and seemed to only show diesel truck parts) I found the right url. thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back