The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

First mods and tune up for my eclipse GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noah360

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 25, 2009
Reed City, Michigan
Hey all,
17, first car is a 96 eclipse gst, got it cheap didn't know what i bought really.
Anyways, i know it is a quick little car and it can be quicker. Right now i can't even spin the tires on it, sure i have grippy tires but common. I've replaced the top left control arm, replaced spark plug and wires with NGK stuff on this site, new brakes in the front, n thats it.
131,000 miles
no rust
Mobil 1 synthetic 10w30
custom stereo by mbquart, alpine, and kicker.

I would like to make it as quick as possible for under a grand. whether that be build the piss outta the turbo so i can shove more air down it's throat
Or do new headers, exhaust, etc

Also i'm sure the intercooler pipes stock *rubber ones* are not doing the job so i'm gona replace with the 2.5 or 3'' stainless or aluminum, recomendation on the diameter? and replace all the vacuum lines ofcourse b/c those are inexpensive and also shot.

So i appeciate the input, ask questions as needed and i will try my best to answer.

I know you've probably used that grand by now as it is 3 years later but IMO screw a cat back, just put on an electric cut out right after the flew part of the down pipe hooked to a switch on the dash. I did this a few weeks ago and the hp gains were ridiculous, plus she was the meanest sounding car in a 3 town radius. Just an idea

I would just like to point out that if there is a turbo shop near you, they can make your t25 better. My turbo went out and so I went to a local shop that specializes in turbos and they have many MANY upgrades they can do to your stock turbo. They recommended that I don't switch to the 14b, even though they had one in hand, because on the stock t25 they can bore out the insides and replace the comp wheel and turbine to make it put out more power. I got the intake side on my turbo bored out and rebuilt for 600 and it carries to redline now. There are a ton of mods you can do to your car that Dont require going to a 6 bolt or swapping turbos. Not to mention, get the insides of your tubro built means that a smog tech CANNOT fail you for having performance upgrades because there is no way he will know that your t25 is built. First things first, you need to do maintenance and get a MBC and boost gauge. Intake is important too. I try to do mods that aren't obvious to the good ole state of California, so that I won't run into any problems during smog. Good luck with your DSM and remember that these cars are fun and reliable if you pay attention to what you're doing when modding. :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back