The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

First known Fuel Pressure Solenoid repair...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hangdiver

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2017
Maxwell, California
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My first post...sorry about the lengthy post but first some of my history with my 2g...I've owned my 95 GS-t for 12 years and I am the 3rd owner. It was absolutely stock when I bought it. The first mod I did was an Ingen intake and a Espelir cat back exhaust. I needed to replace the timing belt but due to back surgery it broke before I could replace it. So all new valves and head gasket when I recovered enough to do the job. It blew again 20,000 miles later because I didn't surface the head like I should have due to lack of funds at the time. I also did a balance shaft delete because my balance shaft belt broke shortly before redoing the head gasket the second time which took out my crank sensor but luckily didn't take out my timing belt.

After getting it all back together it ran fine but had the CEL on throwing a p0155 and p1105. I replaced the upstream o2 sensor and a used fuel pressure solenoid from one of my other parts cars...oh yeah...you gotta have parts cars if you're going to maintain these machines...I have a complete 96 GSX and a complete 97 GS-T on jack stands just chillin...so no more CEL.

Well I overheated it 800 miles after resurfacing the head, replacing the head gasket and deleting the balance shafts ...it was the coolant cap seal gone bad...pushed all the water out before I knew it and got so fn hot it took 6 hours to cool off...then the dreaded bubbling radiator trick.

I decided to pull the engine out of my spare 97 GS-T to drop in my 95 GS-T so as not have to rebuild the overheated engine at the moment as the 97 has about 10,000 miles or so after a rebuild but too many mods to pass smog...but after getting the 97 engine all outfitted with new oil pan, new ACT clutch, pressure plate and fly wheel...changing the cam sensor to the 95 style and all new belts the damn CEL is on again throwing a p1105.

You can't get new FPS's as far as I know but a few Mitsubishi dealers online do have them listed for $80.00 if they're even in stock. I wasn't going to pay $80 bucks for something I don't even need except to turn off my CEL...so after checking my FPS with an ohm meter I guessed that the wires to the spade connectors were broken because I could wiggle it and change the reading. All of our FPS's are going to break because the slightest movement of the spade in the plastic breaks the tiny copper wire that's attached to it. Just disconnecting it a couple of times or bumping the connector will break it especially after 20 years of heat and vibration.

I put the FPS in a vise with the bracket, I took a soldering iron with a tip modified to a knife blade and carefully melted the existing spades off including the rectangle protrusion that supports them. When I found the tiny copper wires I cut/melted a concave area around the wires and had the wires exposed about 1/8" or slightly more. After carefully scraping the wires I put a drop of solder around the wire in the little crater I made...if you don't have a concave crater the solder will just melt the plastic and roll off...then I attached wires to the solder bead that now surrounded the tiny copper wires. The wires are attached backwards across the solenoid body so there would be more area to cover and secure them with JB weld. Then I put some spade ends on the other end of the wires to connect to the original plug. I checked the repaired FPS with an ohm meter and it read a steady 40.1 ohms without going up and down the scale like it did before. Now no more CEL throwing the p1105 code.

I hope this post pays the DSM community back a little for all the knowledge I've gained by reading these threads over the years and helps some of you to keep these machines on the road. This fix isn't easy but if you need to pass smog with a CEL throwing a p1105 this is working for me so far. I don't have pics of the entire process and this was my first try and it ain't that pretty but I proved the FPS could be repaired.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back