First DSM Build

Posted by Turbo_McDuck_87, Aug 25, 2010
Des Moines Area DSM Forum - Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Turbo_McDuck_87

Turbo_McDuck_87 Probationary Member

Des Moines, Iowa
    I am looking to buy a GSX. I am currently between a rock and a hard place. While on Facebook, i was talking to my old boss about cars. I voiced my love for the Gen 2 Eclipse, He however bad mouthed it. We got in to a "mine can beat urs" match. So i am looking to build a Mustang killer over the next umm... LOL decade. Or as money and parts become available. Any ideas or comments?

2. allenzhou_

allenzhou_ Probationary Member

Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
    There is an upgrade path posted in the Tech Index which you can follow. There are, I believe stage 1,2, and 3? I know for sure there are stages 1 and 2. It also depends what type of mustang you are looking to beat. With stage 2, you can already beat if not most, all mustangs on the streets.

-allenzhou

3. glowryder

glowryder Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    88.9%
    des moines, Iowa
    gst/x 's are reasonably cheap to mod.. like civics, but theres a wall you hit, A: spend more money to build the engine with forged internals, or 2: CRANK WALK, they are more prone to it.. esp when adding parts.. but thats just been my exp with 4g6x's

4. the "laser"

the "laser" Probationary Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Boone, Iowa
    theres a 2g TSi AWD on des moines CL for $700 with a blown engine. Selling '95 talon tsi if you decide to get that one, i have a good 6-bolt block and head id sell you for cheap. engine needs new rings and all new bearings and possibly a crank if you cant get it turned, but i found a guy who will sell a good one for like $100 if i remember correctly.

5. sax_man

sax_man Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Crankwalk is wayyyyyy overblown. It's happened to maybe 10% of the dsm's out there. And keep in mind, the newest dsm is 10 years old, and even the best cars are reaching 100,000 miles; If it hasn't c-walked yet, odds are its not going to do it now.

Also, be sure to check out clubdsta.net, it's the central Iowa dsm forum.

68442 likes this.