The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

first autocross: 90 gsx

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

an orange crayon

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2012
missoula, Montana
Well to start i bought a 1990 egle talon tsi but in the end just was to much work and the front end wasnt straight so i moved on to a 1990 eclispe gsx with about 145,xxx the kid before did auto cross it one time so he started the base of the build, the reason why i decided to keep going with it.
mods when i picked it up
koni yellows
gound controle coilovers
s16g
k&n filter
blitz ebc
and gutted
i had some parts from my other "plan" so i added those fast,
innovative wb
auto meter boost and water gauge
re-wired 255
front and rear strut bar
open dump o2 housing
aeromotive afpr
and put some interior in that i had because it is my every day car
i also have a block bored to .20 over with scat rods and weisco 8.3 to 1 with full arps,gates belt waiting to be put togather just need to do it.
Now im new to auto cross too so tips would help, but i have a solid idea of what i want. again this is my everyday car but im going to race it in auto cross. but i do have a few questions
2g maf or gm maf? i have both
i have a halman mbc, should i swap to that over the ebc
what rout should i go or the o2 housing
thanks guys id aprreciate the input. heres my plan at the moment, i move in three weeks to where my engine is and then that build will start, so here is my list so far other than the engine
have ecmtuning service my extra eprom ecu
mishimoto fmic
750cc injectors
have a custom chip made for ecm link lte if i can afford it
ported 2g manifold
and thats where ill start, ill learn more as i go and im sure end up adding alot more stuff. ill get some pictures up soon.
SOLD got a 93 with 4bolt i will start a new journal.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back