The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Finally found a Talon 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meech Meimaris

Proven Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hackensack, New_Jersey
Yes, finally found a car
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Going to go through the suspension, brakes are from a 2nd Gen, so will swap my Baer Setup into this vehicle. Swap in my Sparco Seats, upgrade to SIMPSON 5 or 6 point harness and an Autopower Roll Cage.
Car will be set up for autocross and road courses. The car comes with a Haltech Box, 272 HKS Cams, Supra Fuel Pump, (I may remove my walbro 255 and opt for that, but they say the Supra Fuel Pump, as I am told is more efficient and more quiet); 16G Turbo, 1000cc injectors, 3" Turbo Back exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs, Buschur Front mount, 5 Speed Buschur racing trans with 2900 lb ACT Clutch, KYB Adustable Shocks, Evo III Exhaust Manifold, 4 Bolt Rear, and Strut tower braces front and rear.
The car currently does not have ABS so I will keep it out. Power Steering pump has also been removed, but that's going back in, not sure I like it without power steering.

Going to need some spare wheels/tires for my donor car, so if anyone has them and wants to get rid of them, PM me or contact me at [email protected]

THanks

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good start. I've always enjoyed a well set up 1g. Keep us posted :thumb:
Thanks Jay, will do.[DOUBLEPOST=1409542921][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very nice I just picked up my first 1g also last week looks the same!
Is yours red as well? I think I will have the car repainted since its got its fair share of scuffs and nicks along the way! In January it will be 25 years old. Looking forward to QQ plates (Historic here in NJ)

Meech[DOUBLEPOST=1409591404][/DOUBLEPOST]Add this to the list of upgrades! Cleaning out my garage, completely forgot I had this nice little add on-MOD!!! Brand new Momo wheel with brand new hub kit for the Talon:

Last edited:
nice pickup man, goodluck with it!
Thanks man, long time coming, back in the day I had a white 91' but its wasn't like this. I forgot to mention that this one is tricked out to 331 all wheel HP and 340 all wheel torque which I forgot to mention, modest compared to some of the other Monster Talons but a very respectable Mustang and BMW Killer on the road course.

Meech

You need to really get a real upper timing cover for it, otherwise :thumb: on the find man.
Yeah, not sure why previous owner would do that, First thing before any mods I'm going to do the timing belt, thing has 60K on the belt since cam install. I will be on the lookout for a timing cover, can also pull one off my other DSM Donor car

Meech

Looks like your BOV line is tapped into, is that what you are running the boost source for the gauge from? I would change that to get its source from the FPR line. Nice looking car though!
Honestly don't know, I haven't gone through it yet, starting with suspension and brakes, but I will run that by my buddy who knows more about this stuff than me, I'm and old Mopar guy and drive a modern hemi as my daily driver. Thanks for pointing that out.

Meech[DOUBLEPOST=1409615575][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way [Lasershark] what is an FPR line?

Meech

It's the fuel pressure regulator line, but looking at your pictures again, that is looks tapped into as well. I'm not familiar with the Haltech management though so maybe that has something to do with it.
Yes, the previous owner did say that most of the harness has been modified to receive the Haltech monitoring box for tuner to tap into. Fortunately if I have any issues, I have a spare, complete unmolested harness. Thanks for your input Laser and quick response ;)

Meech

This site is great for learning stuff and "most" people leave great constructive advice, has helped me many of times. :thumb:
Yep I appreciate the advice, I am a member of the Hemi Forum and have been there for years doing the same thing, its a family of help for sure. Still have the hemi, but back with the DSM for some AWD Fun

The bov line splits and is going to a map sensor. Which is for logging boost with the haltech system. I would also get the bov on its own line to the intake manifold and put the map sensor on its own or you can tap into the fpr line. Most likely your boost gauge is already on the fpr line but hard to say cuz can't see. Its better to have the bov on its own so it works properly. Nice find bro looks like a great place to start! :)

Hemi... psh :toobad: I'm an f-body guy :D I gotta say though love mopar as well, those new hemi's are beasts well the old ones are too but so expensive. :cry:
The daily driver, "Track Mistress" 4000 lbs, naturally aspirated, 550HP at the Crank, 428 RWHP/408RWTQ A blast to drive on the street or at the track, but its time for a dedicated car, hence, the DSM is my car of choice given the history of success I had with the previous one years ago.

Nice scoop! How much did you end up spending on it? I got a 1G Talon just a few months back too and I love it! I don't know if I'll ever go 2g again.

That was about $75.00 on Ebay. The Viper GTS vent were more. One of them was use with a broken mounting stud, so I paid $45 The new one was $165 shipped. The hood was $575 delivered.

I have a short in the new Talon, keeps draining the battery, so I have to find where the parasitic loss is. Its either an alternator diode o ne of the uses

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back