The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fiav

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingcobb

Probationary Member
May 17, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba_Canada
Can someone show me with pics what i've got to block off to get ride of the idle problem please? And maybe show me the difference between the FIAV and ISC...i'm kinda confused now about the two...Thanks LOL

Little confused here too.

If I buy a fiav block-off plate ISC still controls idle under varying circumstances but that high 1500 rpm idle at cold start-up will be no more since fiav controls that? So if I block fiav what will my rpm's be on a cold day at start-up? Much lower than 1500?

Since my fiav is currently good and I'm rebuilding my TB should I just get a gasket and continuing using faiv or get a block-off plate?

A bypass plate disables the FIAV but allows you to keep your ISC. A blockoff plate eliminates both the FIAV and ISC.

Without an FIAV your idle "should" stay the same all the time. So if you have it set at 750 RPM's, thats what it "should" be on cold starts too.

I would keep your FIAV. I have since ditched the bypass plate and now have a working FIAV and ISC and it idles like a dream - way better then it did without the FIAV.

Hope this helps!

Would any body happen to know how much control the FIAV, ISC, or BISS screw have over Idle?

My Idle jumps to 4k at start with TB closed, holds for a few seconds until what seems like fuel cut and shuts off. Alot of air must be getting past my TB plate to the engine to support 4k rpm's.

You would think I could find a massive vacuum leak, however I'm struggling! Problem happened suddenly, I was tuning my car for idle after rebuild with piggy back. Battling low and rich idle I made progress until I reached about 13-to-1 AFR at 1k RPM idle and happily turned my car off. Came back to continue tuning, crank no start... crank no start... crank start and instantly jumps 4k.

Would any body happen to know how much control the FIAV, ISC, or BIS screw have over Idle?

Do a proper boost leak test.
This might help. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KibYz21IMA0]DSM ISC motor testing & Replacement - YouTube[/ame]
I decided to get a new s90 74mm throttle body because of how bad the shaft seals were leaking. Anyone know what if any lube you should use for the isc/fiav gasket?

I'm a tad bit confused about this (new to dsm) I have no issue with cold start.. idles perfectly fine.. my issue is once the engine warms up or if I turn the car on and off while running errands my idle shoots up to anywhere between 1500-3000 rpm which obviously makes it fairly difficult to go from neutral to 1st obviously.. it does seem to slow down a little it I am driving at a constant speed for a while but never goes back to normal idle. Any suggestions would be fantastic because I literally cringe at ant sort of gear grinding.

Forgot to also mention I never have an issue with a low idie or Close to stall.. usually when. I start my car it sits around 700

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back