The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G factory alarm issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeaton9292

Proven Member
Aug 29, 2013
Sterling heights, Michigan
well i looked and my car has the factory alarm in it and i just want to be able to lock my doors! my key doesnt match the door locks. i bought a key fob off of ebay that said will work for my car. i looked up how to program the remote and it didnt do anything it said it would do.

this is the way the directions said to program it

1. put key in the ignition leaving it in the off position
2. place a jumper wire between pin 1 and 4 on the obd2 port
3.within 10 seconds turn key to the acc position and the doors will lock once (didnt)
4.press the lock button at least 3 times within 10 seconds and the doors will lock and unlock once (didnt)

is there something im missing or maybe a alternate way of doing this process?

thanks in advance

first off is the battery dead? (in the remote)

if thats not the case try this ,

1)close drivers side door
2)insert key to ignition
3)within 3 seconds turn the key off and on 5 times , on the 5th time leave the key in the on position
4)try your remote out idk if this will work its for my alarm LOL

Locate the Data Port.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2.Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.

3.Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 1 and 4 and connect the Data Port with a suitable jumper wire, leave jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. Make sure you know which terminals are 1 and 4.

4.Within 10 seconds after connecting the jumper wire, turn the ignition switch to the ACC position and then back to OFF. Note: The doors will automatically lock and unlock once at this time indicating that the system is in the programming mode.

5.Press the LOCK button on the transmitter to be registered three times within 10 seconds. Upon successful programming, the door will lock and unlock once.

6.If there are two remotes, register the first, then register the second. Repeat step 5 within one minute to program second remote. After completing the second programming, the doors will lock and unlock once.

7.Disconnect the programming wire and remove the keys from the ignition.

Thats the same directions i said i used[DOUBLEPOST=1411480420][/DOUBLEPOST]i just tryed again and it didnt work i dont know why people always say they just buy a remote and program it and it works.

will i not have the wire in pin one if i dont have the system? i do have the wire there and when i look behind the panel on the driver side next to the rear seats there is what i think to be the system for the alarm it is just about a 4"x4" box with one plug going into it and a small relay next to it with one plug going into it is this the right thing?[DOUBLEPOST=1411483940][/DOUBLEPOST]i just relized but my security light on the dash doesnt come on when i sit in the car and hit the lock button. shouldnt it do this?

Last edited:
I think so, my GS did this, when I'd lock the doors close the door i'd look in and see the security light, and every so often my alarm would go off when I tried to open the door. MY GST has all this stuff too, but i've yet to see the light come on, or alarm go off..

But i'm pretty sure these directions worked on my gs, there was another set of directions that worked on another gs I had, I will look for those for ya!

I think my cars PO cut the wire as I have a couple of wires snipped up by my clutch with some relays.

Just some helpful information, my GS's always did the lock thing, even if the remote didn't work. Tried a fob that I guess would work but wouldn't since it wasn't the right number.

Have you ever seen the security light come on?[DOUBLEPOST=1411506110][/DOUBLEPOST]Here we go bro, try this variation!

1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector.

If you lock your doors and shut them and then open the passengers door from the inside leave the window down your alarm should go off...........then go unlock the driverside door alarm should go off or popping the trunk lid stops alarm and by the way the electrical boxes mounted behind your rear seat are for your convertible top

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back