The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fabricating Materials Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spln_Hrd

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska
I would like to post a thread with some sources for materials for fabrication.

Thanks Chris for opening this section for me :D

Vibrant Performance::. is a great place to go for fabrication components, they are good with customer service and have high quality parts.

I would love more input and sources if you guys have them, I am currently looking for a place that has 5" stainless mandrel bends for the power stroke if anyone knows of a place that sells this.

Vibrant, Burns, etc., are way too expensive. I buy all my mandrel bends from:

Tube Size Elbows - Global Technology & Engineering

Less than $30 for a 3" mandrel bent 304 el with lots of extra pipe in 16 ga. Or $12 for a 2.5" aluminum el. Different CLR's, too. It is nice to be able to order different CLR's because you can then get the exhaust or charge pipe bends much closer to where they need to be.

The only thing you can't get are really narror CLR's or really thin tubing.

To recirculate the Tial44 external dump back into the downpipe on the FP3065, I purchased a 90 and 45 degree mandrel bends from columbia river mandrel. Decent prices, and the pipe looks really good. They have a V-Band section too. Although I've not purchased one, they seem to be reasonably priced.

Columbia River Mandrel Bending

Also, as mentioned above, Global Technology & Engineering is a good source. I purchased a 4" aluminum mandrel bend there for the CAI for much cheaper than I could find it anywhere else. They have good options there like "tight-radius bends," or "wide-radius bends."

I am currently looking for 5" stainless mandrel bends
Tube Size Elbows - Global Technology & Engineering

Loving the new sections :cool:

Love the new section... There's ACE stainless for manifold making parts. Some say they find it cheaper elsewhere, but they seem to be pretty consistant with what i can find elsewhere, at least in the parts i want

Ace Stainless

Good call on that. Gary over at ACE stainless makes great deals. I "met" him at honda-tech.com, and have since bought all of my weld-els from his company. He actually sells imported stainless els for less than domestic mild steel els cost, and about a third of the price of McMaster-Carr. (Especially the narrow CLR ones)

^^true true.. thanks again for that litte lead!

These are strong, quite cheap, and you can have any color you want as long as it's blue.

HOly crap!!!!!! 12 T-bolt clamps for 22 dollars... That's only 1.83 each! The cheapest i've EVER got one was 2.50 and normally have paid around 4 bucks or more each for them.

Great link...when this forum gets busy we need to sticky this thread for sure!!!!

Have you tried burns stainless? Thats were I got mine from.

Yeah, the closest thing they have is 3"-4". I really want something bigger than 4"(preferably 6" or bigger) on the big end and I want it to be 3" on the small end. Something like on this intercooler:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You should give them a call. I had them make me a set of AL ones that were not listed in there catalog. Them make them as ordered so they didn't charge me extra. The customer service was good. I need to find somebody on the east coast that does this.

Definitely went with that CXRacing T-bolt deal. Took some photos of them.

Just putting these up to show others in case there was a question about quality.

A little bonus with these is that they actually have their recommended size engraved on the outside of the band, unlike other brands (such as Clampco) that do not.

Not sure how many of you guys like to make your own Aluminum IC pipes without having to use an arse-ton of couplers but here's a great way to "weld" Aluminum IC pipe together with nothing but a good torch. Aluminum Welding - Aluminum Repair - Aluminum Brazing - AluminumRepair.com I have a friend that has had great results, so far, up to 19psi. I did not watch him "weld" them together, but it does look like the same product: Almost no seam whatsoever and everything finished smooth. I believe he has 4 "welds" all with no boost leak. I am going to use this same product in about 2 weeks to redo my IC piping. I will be posting full categorized pics to substantiate his claims. Also, if you watch their video, it talks about no drippage through holes being repaired up to 5/8" if I remember right.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back