The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Extra 4g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You have no profile so we have no idea what you are working with. Question is entirely too vague. A good setup to do what? Are you building a mud bog car, a drag car, show car? A "good" setup means different things for different builds. Above all the car needs to be in Tip-Top mechanical shape. All maintenance must be up to date and I mean all. Only then should you start modifying the car

Based on his username I'd say he has some sort of Turbo 2G. As far as I know isn't there a 4G Eclipse with a 3.6-3.8L V6 with ~260 hp, MIVEC? That thing would be quite a handful and maybe slap a supercharger on it and it sure will go. Too bad it looks like a turd.

You have no profile so we have no idea what you are working with. Question is entirely too vague. A good setup to do what? Are you building a mud bog car, a drag car, show car? A "good" setup means different things for different builds. Above all the car needs to be in Tip-Top mechanical shape. All maintenance must be up to date and I mean all. Only then should you start modifying the car
He want's a 1000hp daily-driven car that can also be used in the coming apocalypse.

Sorry I got a different 4g63t 7 bolt to rebuild on stand. Would like to be in the 350 hp range. My 97 talon has some stuff done to it now. Fuel pump rewire, 272 cams and a 16g turbo.

Then based on those mods, assuming you have a way to tune it and how much boost you're running, you should already be in the 350 CRANK horsepower range. It takes very little to propel these cars into 300-400 horsepower area on a stock block with the correct supporting modifications.

Just realized I completely misunderstood your question based on your title (extra4G). If you want a mild build but also have good reliability, I'd say go for the most standard one which is up to ~250-270 whp with a 14B or 16G turbo, 560 injectors, rewired fuel pump and a 3" full downpipe. You then have the option to start turning up the boost from a modest 13-14 psi to 20-22 (which I believe is the max safe limit of the 16G?).

Just whatever you do, always be on top of the maintenance and don't cut corners.

Yes I understand maintenance is king. You think with the upped boost need headstuds?? Thanks that what I was looking for. So basically just need a way to tune and injectors for a miled build

Head studs are cheap insurance. I ran my evoIII 16g at 26psi without any issues, normally its anything over 30psi that they really start to fall out of efficiency range. my turbo at 20 psi was tame compared to how it acted at 26. I made 292whp on a mustang dyno which equates to about 350whp on a dynojet, with the evoIII at 26psi.

If u have 4g's save them. You have a good base point with the mods given. U need a way to tune and going e85 if available to u will help u reach your goal on that 16g. First thing u need is a way to monitor what u will be doing. Get ecmlink or another way to tune and a wideband.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back