The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Exhaust housing swap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeEmO6

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 7, 2002
South Bend, Indiana
What would be to be done to swap an exhaust housing on a turbo in order to use it for a different exahaust manifold and dp? For example if one would want to use a big16g on an sr20det, i would need to use a compatible sr20 exhaust housing for it to bolt up to the stock manifold and downpipe.

Remove the v-band clamp, remove the old housing, install the new housing, reinstall the v-band clamp. If you're trying to stay internally-gated it may be a challenge setting up an actuator with the correct arm length and spring tension.

Make sure whatever housing you're using is is for the same turbo brand, series, and turbine wheel size.

If not the same brand or series, then im sure machining would need to be done correct? I guess what Im asking is what are the measurement that need to be taken into account. I have access to machinery.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back