The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Exedy/Equal Master and Slave Cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forumboarder154

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2006
ypsilanti, Michigan
:nono: First of all, DO NOT jump on the OEM bandwagon and tell me to only buy OEM parts. I DO NOT want to hear this. If you have used this I am all ears. If you have not do not post anything. Who has experience with Exedy's master and slave cylinder? I talked to the guys at DSMGraveyard and they said that this was the only master and slave that met OEM requirements and can almost be considered an upgrade from stock. The reason is because it is 1/3 the price of OEM Mitsubishi parts.

Ive never bought a oem slave and over many years used the ones from advace auto, and pep boys, have to say. Never a problem, people one here are going to give you advice if you ask, even if it means them recommending certain brands even oem. I bought slave cylidners and didnt think twice about it.

Thanks iugrad92turbo for the input. I have heard that many auto parts store parts are junk though. Also how will they play into effect with a 6 puck unsprung, 2600 pp, and around 375whp? I noticed that your setup is just a slight upgrade. I worked at Advanced Auto in the past and let me tell you what. I would say there was a 20% premature failure rate on parts we sold.

Any other input?

not from me, oem too much for a slave for me, exedy never known any to use those, as a matter a fact, never had a discussion on slave cylinder brands. Not much discussion here on the day to day threads, im on every day. My thing is my slaves brake when i take them in and out of the car too much, never had one just fail on me.

Bumping this thread, anyone have any feedback on these master and slave cylinders? I am looking to replace both of mine and wanted to go this route if people have had good luck using them. Thanks!

First off, BEFORE you even think of doing business with DSMGraveyard, check out their feedback in the vendor reviews. Also, while I do not have any experience with the Exedy master and slaves, it has been proven that most other manufacturer's master and slave cylinders are internally different- the seals are placed in different locations on the pistons, and the placement of the seals on the aftermarket parts actually diminish the capacity to move fluid, which can lead to clutch actuation problems, especially on the 1G cars. On one hand, Id say just go OEM and be done with it, but on the other, if you want to try the Exedy parts and leave a nice review about how good or bad they work, please do as they may work great and itd be nice to learn there is a good part out there that is a decent alternative to OE stuff.

I have used the exedy master and slave. They work fine, but my car broke 6 months later. In those 6 months no issues came up, so. Take that for what you will.

i just bought a combo exedy master and slave.

OE is usually nabco or sanyco. they can be bought from vendors by their name with out the OE mitsubishi part number and you will get the same part for less because there will be no OE mark up.

i bought the exedy kit with both master and slave for the price of the nabco direct master only. normally i end up with autozone or napa masters or slaves on my cars, the exedy look to have a little bit more quality to them then parts store parts. i have not installed them yet though so we shall see.

^^Definitely tell us how it goes. The OE master cylinder is marketed by Tokico, and can be had for around 55.00 shipped. I couldn't find a link to it when I needed a new master, so I bought an OE one from a vendor. The Tokico part is identical to the OE- well, of course it is, its the same part, just cheaper:shhh:

I tried these out. The slave is working great. I couldn't use the master though. At the time I was troubleshooting a clutch issue where I needed the most rod extension possible to get the clutch to disengage. I couldn't use the exedy master at all since it's rod is shorter then the OEM's by a few mm. Turns out my pressure plate bolts backed out a bit.

My oem was still good so I put it back in. I'm sure it would work well in a setup that is working properly, but if you already have your adjustment rod all the way out, this most likely will not work.

Actually I just remembered I gave it to a local dsmer since I wasn't using it and it's been working fine for him.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back