The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

EVOscan Evoscan J2534 error, no error in ECUFlash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supra Mario

Proven Member
May 22, 2013
Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I've been trying to log with Evoscan and i keep getting this error. I have searched and tried everything i read but the threads are a few years old by now, i was wondering if any recent ways of fixing. Newest version of Evoscan and re-installed drivers a couple times from Evoscan.

Info: OpenPort 2.0 Found.
Info: OpenPort Firmware v1.15.434
Info: Battery 12.526V
Info: Initialize Vehicle ECU...
Info: DSM Initialize...
Info: Initializing At 5 baud...
Error: J2534 init error ERR_INVALID_CHANNEL_ID
Info: Datalogger Ended.

It's probably something stupid but i have not a single clue. No errors with ECUFlash and raeds DTC's perfectly fine. Only when trying to datalog. I know this error happened previously when trying to raed DTC's for others but an update fixed that for me for DTC's, but not when trying to use datalogger. What am i doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

Bump having this problem since installing ceddy mods big maps, trying to use mutII protocol so I can log to build my sd ve tables.

God I swear evoscan is about the biggest pile of buggy shit garbage program. Everytime I try and do something new this shit happens.

The free program, ecu flash, never has issues.

Edit:
Have to delete all the other Mut II files when you put the Ceddy Mods one in there, at least that worked for me.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back