The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G EVO8 vs DSM Roller Rocker physical differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
Before selling the extra set of roller rockers from my 94 Laser, I'd like to make sure that they are not EVO8 roller rockers which are supposed to be 4 grams lighter. (1g rockers 40g) (EVO8 rockers 44g).

This Laser is full of surprises and I keep finding all kinds of aftermarket parts on it.

Are there any obvious differences or identifying marks that tell me which roller rocker it is?

The EVO8 is supposed to be stamped steel.

My food scale seems to be saying 40g one time and 45g another time. With such a small difference, it's hard to tell without pulling another head to make a comparison which doesn't make sense for me at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Before selling the extra set of roller rockers from my 94 Laser, I'd like to make sure that they are not EVO8 roller rockers which are supposed to be 4 grams lighter. (1g rockers 40g) (EVO8 rockers 44g).

This Laser is full of surprises and I keep finding all kinds of aftermarket parts on it.

Are there any obvious differences or identifying marks that tell me which roller rocker it is?

The EVO8 is supposed to be stamped steel.

My food scale seems to be saying 40g one time and 45g another time. With such a small difference, it's hard to tell without pulling another head to make a comparison which doesn't make sense for me at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

I'll answer my own question. After lots of research, the EVO8 area where it meets the HLA will be domed like a planetarium. The 1gs will be cone shaped.

https://www.jnztuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3152

vs

http://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/position_rocker-jpg.74776/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back