The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo X oem turbo on 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D00kie

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2010
Lufkin, Texas
I have a friend that has the stock turbo off his Evo X and I was wondering if it would fit the mani on my 2G?? Would you guys suggest going with an aftermarket mani?

Thanks for the help!:thumb:

I think the evox is a twin scroll.So it's not a direct bolt on..But if you can get it for free I guess buying the parts to make it work, you might come out even..Fp sells a direct bolt on 20g..

Justin... I know RevShift makes a tubular mani that is good quality that makes a Evo 8-9 turbo bolt right up and it is turned for correct rotation so no issues

A Evo X turbo would not work on the RevShift mani as it is standard rotation but I'm sure you could build a mani if you or friend had the skill as that's what I'm doing

Justin... I know RevShift makes a tubular mani that is good quality that makes a Evo 8-9 turbo bolt right up and it is turned for correct rotation so no issues

A Evo X turbo would not work on the RevShift mani as it is standard rotation but I'm sure you could build a mani if you or friend had the skill as that's what I'm doing

I never said it would but yeah it's more than possible to make a manifold for the x.

Im going for 350-420ish whp daily driven.... With supporting mods, is this turbo capable of it?

I know the Evo IX turbos can do those numbers all day not sure about the X as it is considered a 15g so not sure on airflow numbers but I'm sure it will get you there easily... Justmx could tell you more about the turbo specs and airflow capabilities.

But as Absit said much easier ways to meet your goals unless your just doing this to be different as I am!

I say go for it ans be different but its all about the money you want to spend

I know this....yet I'm still in the market for a good used Evo X turbo at a fair price for my own reasons.

talk to Pj on here! He retrofitted a EvoX and a 14b!
Austin put an Evo X compressor into a 14B turbo....this has nothing to do with an Evo X turbo aside from the compressor wheel which is smaller than an Evo III 16G wheel and can be bought for less than $50.

Im going for 350-420ish whp daily driven.... With supporting mods, is this turbo capable of it?
Considering it's rated at around 40 lb/min peak, probably not. An Evo III 16G would net you more airflow, and it is still difficult to get that turbo to the 400whp mark.

I know the Evo IX turbos can do those numbers all day not sure about the X as it is considered a 15g so not sure on airflow numbers but I'm sure it will get you there easily...
Evo X compressors are not 15G's....I don't know where that info got started and why it keeps coming up. A 15G compressor is a TD04 compressor that is only slightly more potent than a T25. The 15G came stock on the Lancer Ralliart which had a paddle-shift auto trans and are no longer available.

As it's been said, there are much better ways to get to your HP goal that are cheaper and easier to install. You're going to bust your ass to get this turbo on your car and a guy with a $500 Evo III 16G will make the same power.

Its way cheaper to just buy a Evo III 16g and will get the same performance as stated above.

Im looking for quick spool and power throughout the power band. He had this turbo sitting in the shop and asked if i wanted it. I thought I might as well ask here before I purchase it.

Think about another turbo because getting that evox to fit isnt worth it, you can reach your goal with other tuboes that will bolt up to your current setup.

:hellyeah:

I would go with an EVOIII,,,,,,,,,,,, With a good Tune It is capable of amazing things. AND Fast spool, It will spool from 3000 to 3500rpm
All what you need is the Install Kit, and a Light Modification on the down pipe which the EVOII has the outlet on a different Angle, But nothing major, You can even bolt it up with out any modification, But will give some stress to the down pipe.

WHICH THE EVOX

Will need the Manifold, Down Pipe (COSTOM), Install Kit, and saying that (IT SPOOL FROM 3600 TO 4200rmp).

if your gonna go through putting on the evo turbo and the hassle, you may want to just say eff it and get a gt35r and be well over the power you will need. (ever)

:ohdamn:

No

His goal is 450 so a smaller turbo will suffice, a GT35R isnt a direct bolton and requires serious supporting mods because it is a serious turbo. A 16g would be kind of small for 450 so I would suggest a HX35 or HX40 and a BEP bolt on housing, that would get you to where you want with still some headroom to upgrade as long as you have the supporting mods.

If I were trying to make around 450 I would use a tdo5 20g and some e85, 272 cams, tune. Plus the full and intercooler. There are many routs you can take.

I dont see how being twinscroll it's going to spool slower than a 16g. I'd imagine that turbo taking a little more time than a 14b.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back