The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evo x mr bbs vs Enkei Raijin

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolltidero

Proven Member
Jan 9, 2014
Madison, Alabama
So looking for 18 inch rims and I really like the look of these two (I know they're the same). I know the evo rims will clear brembos but they're hard to find. The enkeis I can find online but I'm not sure about offset. I've googled it and I can't really understand what offset is. I've read a thread on here that to clear brembos you can't have more than a +25mm offset. The enkeis have a +40mm offset. I am just wondering if anyone is running either of these rims with brembos and if they're experiencing any problems. I know the topic of offset for brembos has been covered but I wanna be 1000% sure before I spend the money for either of these rims.

Offset doesnt play a role as big as spoke design of the rim does. For example, Evo IX BBS are a +38mm offset and they clear brembos with ease. However, run this offset on RPF1s and youll need 20mm spacer to clear brembos. It all depends on the design of the rim really. If youre running a big brake kit expect to run wheels that Evo owners run since they're already designed to clear big brakes. If you dont have big brakes then get whatever offset you want, but DSM seem to like +35 the best.

Offset doesnt play a role as big as spoke design of the rim does. For example, Evo IX BBS are a +38mm offset and they clear brembos with ease. However, run this offset on RPF1s and youll need 20mm spacer to clear brembos. It all depends on the design of the rim really. If youre running a big brake kit expect to run wheels that Evo owners run since they're already designed to clear big brakes. If you dont have big brakes then get whatever offset you want, but DSM seem to like +35 the best.
Yea that's why the evo x mr rims are appealing but they're hard to find since they were only made for evos and when they do come up they're usually really expensive. Plus I can't find much info on the evo rims as far as offset and whatnot. The Enkeis are more readily available and cheaper but I didn't know if there were any major differences that would prevent me from running brembos in the future.

Last edited:
The enkei raijins look AMAZING! I had some in flat black 18x9.5's on 255's for my 12 WRX hatch..looked mint! Not sure on your brembo clearance though

I would also add based on how much your're willing to drive to score some wheels craigslist searching a few hundred miles out of your area will probably score you some evo Enkeis or BBS wheels. I found my Evo IX wheels for 450 with tires. Good Luck

I would also add based on how much your're willing to drive to score some wheels craigslist searching a few hundred miles out of your area will probably score you some evo Enkeis or BBS wheels. I found my Evo IX wheels for 450 with tires. Good Luck
Yea no luck on Craigslist anywhere for anything evo related.
The enkei raijins look AMAZING! I had some in flat black 18x9.5's on 255's for my 12 WRX hatch..looked mint! Not sure on your brembo clearance though
yea I know they look amazing and I love the look of the evo BBS on the 2g so if they're the same that's perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back