The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Evo 8 HKS 280 cams on Evo 3 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasosEclipse

Proven Member
Oct 20, 2016
Thiva, Europe
Hello
i just bought a pair of HKS 280 cams and i want to put them in my engine i have cam timing. I just want to ask what is the best way to put them in i have 3 different cas one from 1g green top and 1 from 97-99. What is the best way to put them on what timing cas is the best to use?
Thank you

What is your car wired for? If you use the 1g CAS, you have to do the 6 bolt swap wiring which combines the crank angle sensor and cam angle sensor in to one (1g CAS). The 97-99 should be plug and play for you if the car hasn't been converted already. The benefit to running the 1g CAS is you can delete the crank angle sensor, other than that just run what your car is wired for.

And I just saw you run a GT30 variant turbo, why did you decide on 280 cams? Those cams are huge for your current mods (If your profile is up to date).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back