The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Evo 8 fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A puller fan setup is more efficient than a pusher setup. If you have a choice beteween in front or behind the radiator, behind would perform better.

I'd be tempted to try it if I got a hold of one cheap. I use this guy with one setup as a pusher. It's a 12 inch fan and it fits in there. From what I've read, the evo 8 AC fan is a pusher to start with, so I'm assuming that's the one you're looking at using. It might fit, but it'd probably take some trimming. I'll try to remember to take some pics of my setup when I'm home next week to see how much more room there would be to play with.

http://www.punishment-racing.com/cxracing-radiator-kit-with-fans-and-shroud-eclipse-talon/

edit: found a pic on my Instagram for now that shows the clearance wiith the 12 inch pusher. It'd be pushing it to trim enough off the top and bottom of a 13 inch fan's shroud to clear. I wired mine in as a pusher because I was having an issue with the exhaust melting my stock fan. Ended up being a cracked exhaust manifold underneath the manifold blanket pushing hot air into the bay. I did make some major improvements to the cooling while figuring that out though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC8bqqmpcdD/

Last edited:
I run a pusher fan and a small puller fan from a Yamaha Raptor, just because I have to because of room issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back