The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Evo 8 ECU in auto 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasketcaseTSI

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2018
South Haven, Michigan
I'm leaving towards the Evo ECU in my Talon since it appears to be cheaper than DSMLink (I would go with link if I had more money to spend).

Anyways, I've read a few threads on it but, it seems like the people are using the Evo ECU have manual transmissions. Has anyone one here swapped a Evo ECU into an auto car? I just need some insight on the additional wiring. If it helps, I've already got the service manual set for my Talon.

I have the 3g ECU with Tephra v7 in mine. It shifts some of the time from what I noticed. Then I think it stops shifting and goes into limp mode. From what I did notice any ways. Not 100% sure. I haven’t driven in her while.

Good call. I'm used to GM PCMs from my previous modded cars. I can't believe I totally forgot about the TCU. I guess I'll be doing some harness changes in the near future.

It only uses a few ECU parameters actually, and some are for things like cruise control. The ECU outputs can still be fed to the TCU.

Well, I started the adventure. I picked up an open ECU cable, evoscan/ecuflash, a 01 Eclipse 4cyl manual ECU, I started repinning the harness and I downloaded a couple ROMs. It feels good to finally be doing something with it.

Just curious if you've made any progress on this?
I'm looking to setup my 96 gsx auto.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back