The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo 3 Intake Speed Density Tap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carney714

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Santa Ana, California
Hi guys

Just got a Evo 3 intake manifold and I will be installing within the week. Problem is i have speed density and dont know the best place to tap into the intake. Any pictures with your Evo 3 / SD setup would be helpful! Thanks

Picture is what i currently have

Attachments

• IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 161
I was thinking about one of the runners since it has the most material, just wasnt sure if that was a good source. Heard towards the top to avoid any type of moisture getting in the sensor.

How about this spot? I can drill and tap into it.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 155
I bought a fitting from McMaster that was straight threw for the brake & a side tap for my AEM MAP & threaded it I between the the brake booster nipple. No drilling a only took about 5 minutes to install.

Got this setup, Wanted to hide the SD a bit. But thank you for your help! I think im going to paint the fittings black just to disguise it.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 162
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back