The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2003 EVO turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This has been covered in tons of threads since 2003! Search and if you want this turbo to work make a custom manifold. No you can't hack and shoved two of these turbos together. You should not have bought this turbo while being ignorant. Tons of info and ALOT of data exist for Dsms an write ups.

I have also set it up with a non forward facing option!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

this set up completely removes the benefits of the twinscroll set up. If you look at the runners they are linked and that will allow the exhaust pulses of the engine to merge. Its like using one external wastegate on an twinscroll set up.

You dont think twin scroll would spool the 16g any faster? If you could get full boost by 3k on a 16g that would be a tranny destroying machine right there haha.

You're talking about a couple hundred RPMs difference, tops. Unless you're a hardcore auto-x driver it's nothing you'll ever notice. And despite the myth that the 10.5cm twin scroll housing is bigger than the 7cm, divided housings are measured including the area that the divider takes up, making the effective flow through the turbine side about identical. This is backed up by plenty of EVO3s making the same power maxed out as EVO8/9s (usually high 300s-400ish on pump, mid 400s on E85/race gas, and barely cracking 500 on high compression, fully built max effort cars).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of twin scroll, and I've seen it's advantage first-hand on an S362 setup making more power sooner and holding it better up top compared to a nearly identical open T3 .70 setup. I just don't see a way to justify the expense on a turbo this small, where it already spools very well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back