The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo 1 Gears - No Longevity Solution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian_CD9A

Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
Does anyone have a solution to the big synchro 3/4 hub & slider longevity issue?
I know on Evo III gears, the hub and slider have more meat, and will take more abuse - at the cost of the gear's strength. The Evo 1 has, I believe, slightly stronger gears, but are still prone to stripping. If someone with the large diameter 3/4 were to get straight-cut synchro gears from either PAR or Matthias Boldt, correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't really fix anything, since the weak hub and slider are retained. Are there any solutions out there, or is putting power behind one of these just a ticking, unrebuildable time-bomb?
Would the new billet bearing housing help? It also doesn't seem like it would do anything since the weak slider isn't affected by gear spread.

Still gonna kill the hub and slider around 450tq. You can face plate it and change to a 2 hole 3/4 fork and matching rail.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back