The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ETS users who want to run a recirculated SSQV easily

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I remember reading a thread back when I was looking to buy a ETS FMIC, about difficulties recirculating a SSQV. The area where the flange was welded for the valve was in places that required custom ducting and didn't sit near the factory recirc spot. When I bought the kit, I ordered it flanged for a GReddy valve, as it was easily recirculated and was less hassle at the time. It recirculates easily, as my pictures will show, but I simply do not like the valve, as it has a terrible time releasing at low boost. Nice thing about ETS is that you can order any pipe in the kit separately. After some research, I found that the throttle pipe flanged for a 1G DSM BOV sat in the exact same place as the GReddy. Decided to order some parts and spend an evening in the garage playing around with the piping on the throttle side of the intercooler.

The setup before I tore into it
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Close-up shot of the GReddy recirculated

One major complaint that I have about the ETS system is that their couplers are not long enough. They don't give you enough free play when positioning the pipes, so I bought some new couplers and bulk hose that I could trim to make my own couplers. Also shown is the 1G DSM throttle pipe, a 1G to SSQV adaptor plate, my SSQV, and a BOV gasket.

A few beers and about half an hour later, suction pipe is pulled and throttle side of the intercooler system is removed.

GReddy throttle pipe

Piping from the intercooler to the throttle pipe

Intercooler pipes reinstalled and being aligned. It takes some playing to get everything to sit right for the SSQV to be at the correct angle. The new couplers gave me a lot more freedom in playing with the piping.

verything put back together and tightened. Nothing contacts the hood if you align it correctly, even though it sits slightly higher than the GReddy. Took it for a spin this morning. Did a few full boost releases, sounds about the same as the GReddy, but in the low boost releases you can definately hear it doing its thing. So for me this is a great success, I can run my favorite BOV easily again, and I no longer have low boost response issues. Hopefully this helps out some people that want to easily run a SSQV on a ETS kit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back