The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Road Race Build ESi + 4G63 + AWD + Evo 8 + HE351VE = Project Warface

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys. Its been super fun so far....can't wait to start putting down some real numbers. :rocks:

I had heard of a few people doing this swap but this is the first time I've seen pretty much step by step. Great job man:hellyeah:

Really? I looked and could not find one person that had attempted/finished this project. It would have been a great resource during my attempt at it.

Very well done! I can't believe someone finally did a clean job doing this swap. Even better yet, this is an epic thread to direct n00bs to that keep wanting to drop a 4g63 in their 2gnt!

Good job.

Even better yet, this is an epic thread to direct n00bs to that keep wanting to drop a 4g63 in their 2gnt!

My thoughts exactly. Very very impressive work sir. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished up til now and to the future!

Great work bud. What I want to know is the amount of hours you estimate, or consistent days of work it took. Or some measure of time that I can relate to LOL.

Great work bud. What I want to know is the amount of hours you estimate, or consistent days of work it took. Or some measure of time that I can relate to LOL.

It took me approximately 6 weeks of work. I only worked on the car steady for 3-4 weeks as I had midterms in the middle. So from beginning of July to mid August-ish. I had it insured and on the road for the end of August. My best guestimate is that it took 3 weeks X 12 hour days = ~250 hours of work which sounds about right. I was seriously busting some ass though, sweating like a mofo.

It took me approximately 6 weeks of work. I only worked on the car steady for 3-4 weeks as I had midterms in the middle. So from beginning of July to mid August-ish. I had it insured and on the road for the end of August. My best guestimate is that it took 3 weeks X 12 hour days = ~250 hours of work which sounds about right. I was seriously busting some ass though, sweating like a mofo.

Awesome man, your hard work shows. I already referred this link to one guy who "wants to just throw a 4g63 in his RS". I love projects like this.

Awesome man, your hard work shows. I already referred this link to one guy who "wants to just throw a 4g63 in his RS". I love projects like this.

Hahaha....ya just toss 'er right in! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Thanks for the praise. I like when my hard work is recognized. :)

I also like working hard and and working on challenging projects. I am starting to love my DSM just a bit more than my CRX and I have had that thing for 8+ years.

Last edited:
All I can say is just...wow. I've heard a couple people "say they have done this", but never once seen someone with proof. Not to mention basically a walk through LOL. Here I was worried about trying a awd swap on mine and you did it to a 2gnt along with a 4g63 swap LOL. Once againg very nice work, I can't wait to see what else you do to it.

Wow. Amazing work man. This thread should be stickied for everyone who asks if it's possible to 4g63 swap a 420a car.

This needed a bump to get back to the first page so I can forward peeps to it. :)

Still making progress, but I'm stuck on the friggin FIC BM 1650's not working right. I think ive got it narrowed down to the Wally making noise in the fuel electrical system that the FIC's are sensitive too. I have tons of amps and tons of volts so its most def not a voltage issue. I am starting to think that the FIC injector box has some kind of noise filter in it as FIC realized that there Blue Max injectors are sensitive to electircal noise.

Symptoms: ECU appears to lose control of the injectors @~4400 RPM. There is a weird studder @~2200 and the idle is really funny @~1100 as well so this is obviously harmonic. When i feather the throttle over about 5-10 seconds I can get the car over 5000 and pin @WOT to redline the car spools up and I get a ton of torque and power right to redline....so it also obviously not the pump itself. The logs support that the pump is fine to redline so it is getting enough power and the injectors work properly over the 4400 rpm issue so its not the injectors or the pump. Its obviously somekind of noise in the system.

Gonna wire in some small caps across each injector to drop the noise and some ferrite beads to drop any bounce back EMF. Also gonna do a rewire to separate the fuel pump from the injectors electrically.

I DIDN'T HAve TIME to read it all or most of it but why didn't you just fix up or title the white turbo AWD to start with? much nicer and easier and less rust it seems, a n4g63 wil go in but it's best to change some sheet metal mounts, the unibody is the exact same just some mounting differences, great dedication and work ethic you have man, good job!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Talking to some buddies at work about this project and they called bullshit.

Showed em this.... who's laughin now! Hahahahaha

Thought I'd give it a bump since its been a while since I posted anything on this.

Project Warface is still very much a live....many more mods and ups later its time for the final stage.

Soft update(with pics to follow soon-ish)
-I figured out the fuel issues so now I have support for ~30psi
-Exhuast and intake will support +45psi
-Boosted my GT25 up to 17psi daily for the last 6 months (finally starting to die thank god)
-Brakes are fully done (might up them one last time to 15"F/13.4"R)
-Many other things.... (getting lazy as I type LOL)

Anyways, stayed tuned and subscribe for a massive update in the next 2 months...May 1st is when I'm up for my race license so the last mods will be in by then.

DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

:)

This was an awesome thread, worth reading the whole thing. I was surprised you didn't paint any of the suspension parts when you put it back together tho. You're probly going to tho still :p

He's Canadian, were only crazy enough to tackle something like this:p

Seriously though great job on the conversion:thumb:

One of the greatest build threads I have ever seen. Rich details, awesome pictures, and your commentary effing KILLED me, man. Slap on your "true DSMer" jacket, you're one of the few. Keep up the good work and don't let this thread die! I want to see more!

My.......God........
You are a champ, son! Whoa. Im whining about doing an awd swap, you converted a 2gnt to turbo AND awd!!!!! hahahaha un fing believable dude. Nice work, impressive dedication to say the very least.

This is freaking sweet but where's the Evo8 in the thread title come into play?

I was hoping to see the RS sone using the Evo8 Drivetrain!

I wasn't too sure either. Maybe the Brembo brakes? Either way, this is something I didn't believe I'd ever seen done....properly. Great work!!

I wasn't too sure either. Maybe the Brembo brakes? Either way, this is something I didn't believe I'd ever seen done....properly. Great work!!

It was the brembo brakes, the master cylinder and the brake booster all came from the EVO8....the front knuckles are the JDM variant so that I did not have to use a bracket to mount the brembos.

I have yet to add that part of the photos to the build....and Its AAAALLLL with the same level of detail.

ASIDE: I am actually thinking that I might switch the 15" rotors and 6 pot Brembos from the new Jeep SRT8 and then get the 13.4" rotor from the Jeep and swap my 4 pots from the front to the back....anyone care to take a wager if they fit?

It'd be super nice to get the fronts upto an 15" rotor and 6 pots. :D

:rocks:

He's Canadian, were only crazy enough to tackle something like this:p

Seriously though great job on the conversion:thumb:

FCUK YA!!! Represent!! :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back