The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Road Race Build ESi + 4G63 + AWD + Evo 8 + HE351VE = Project Warface

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys. It was super fun. I think in total its 811 photos. So far in phase 2 I have 152 photos and counting.

Next for phase 2 will be link, a few sensors and the Brembos. I am not sure where phase 2 ends and phase 3 begins....phase 3 being the HE351VE and supporting mods. I think I'll label phase 3 as beginning when I start upgrading the fuel system/intake/exhuast.

Ya, that sound about right.....

"Phase 2: Full Control"
"Phase 3: Holset and Team"
"Phase 4: Full Variability"

Phase 4 is the controller for the HE351VE which is actually almost done...stay tuned for that for sure.

I have all the parts already as well.....just waiting on my last shipment from the dsm graveyard. It feels like friggin forever and the contact is a bit hit or miss. As long as it gets here by next Thursday I am totally happy. :)

Great effn work. Keep it coming.

^^^ Fcuk ya buddy. Epicness of this level needs documenting. :D

Now i know why people say its easier to buy a GST or GSX than to swap a 4g63 into a GS or RS. But holy hell man!! Great work!! i can no believe someone actually did this.

Keep taking pictures! Subscribed!

That 4g63 dropped right into that N/T chassis! Nice project.

:dsm:

Oh yeah....totally dropped in. No modification at all. :tease:

Gofer - In your avater you have the Eagle symbol shaved. How did you do it? I am assuming kiity hair and some bondo yes?

How is it holding up? How long have you had it shaved?

how you posted all that without someone saying "impressive build" in-between posts is pretty impressive itself haha. outstanding work though, shows your true craftsman ship and you have tons of it. looks great!

I gave it to a body shop and told them to do it when I had it painted to match my car, not sure how they did it. I had it done in July '10 and you can't tell the emblem was ever there, so it's hold up great.

how you posted all that without someone saying "impressive build" in-between posts is pretty impressive itself haha. outstanding work though, shows your true craftsman ship and you have tons of it. looks great!

I know right! I actually wrote the whole thing in word first and then quickly posted all of it in 20 picture chunks as fast I could. Thought it would look cool all in a row.

Thanks for the praise. I dont do half assed. This is a full assed project all the way.

I gave it to a body shop and told them to do it when I had it painted to match my car, not sure how they did it. I had it done in July '10 and you can't tell the emblem was ever there, so it's hold up great.

Interesting....I have been thinking about this for a few months now. I dont want to do the 2Gb eclipse route as its be done and I want to keep this project as unique as I can. I was thinking kitty hair with a fiberglass patch feathered in for strength with a bondo layer. I did this on my CRX's body kit a couple of years ago and its held up very well. You can see it in the back ground in a few shots. Its to bad I'm ripping you off to now...but its still pretty unique.

Great minds think a like.
:hellyeah:

It looks crazy good tho man. Way better than i had pictured in my mind.

How many of you opened this thread to call bullshiit and that it cant be done and left mindblasted? :sneaky::hellyeah:

The manifold is the CX Racing T3/T4 from thedsmgraveyard....if it ever gets here. The HE351VE has what Holset calls the T4i flange so it will need to be modified slightly to align the bolt holes but thats pretty minor.

As for the controller....I found the perfect little controller, not a DIY wastgate/mechanical type but found an all electric one with good tuneability. I am expecting some good results with this little guy.

I read on someone else's thread (i know i know....repeating second hand info) that the mechanically controlled one that they had made themselves they managed to get 30 psi by 3000 rpm's in 5th. With the flexibility of being able to dial in the vane postion with the controllers set points I am sure that I can hit this in 3rd or even 2nd...dare I say 1st? Dare to dream. I think its going to start surging at that point so it will probably have to be dialed down to say...28psi....LOL.

What I want is to be able to punch the throttle from near idle (~1000 rpm) and have a near instant 4-5psi on tap then have it climb to 10-15 by 2000 and 25-28 by 3000 and 30-35 by 3500 then after that....who knows. I do know that the HE351VE and the HX40Pro share some part numbers so its capable of 45psi+ at the top end.....not sure if the 2.0 can push it hard enough to get there tho but well cross that bridge when we come to it.

:)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back