The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Enkei Rpf1 questions and color theme

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1DSMr

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2014
Jasper, Indiana
I've got a question about some enkei rpf1 rims that I ordered. My question is will 17x7.5 +45mm offset fit just fine on my 2g awd? According to the website that I ordered them from it said it did. Also, will my continental all-season tires from my gsx rims fit? They are 215 50 17. Thanks.

Most big brake upgrades suggest 18 inch rims or larger to be on the safe side. Your old tires will swap over just fine.

Ok I'm just looking into the outlander brake upgrade for now, which should fit fine. Thanks for the reassurance on tires because they have less than 3k on them LOL.

No problem, glad to help. Post some pics when you get the wheels mounted. :hellyeah:

Will do sir! Looking at blacking out the car, by removing red badges and redoing in black. Also repainting calipers black instead of red currently. Here's where I need an opinion, black gorilla or muteki lug nuts or bwr purple open end ones. I have purple under the hood. Any thoughts?

Purple under hood? Maybe some purple badges and purple lugs, keep that theme going. That would be cool to see. Although murdered out is cool too. It really is up to what you want to look at every day.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was thinking about the badges as well. Also, there is the stm intake kit you sold me LOL. The rims are black ones as well. If anyone if interested in them autoanything.com had them for 5% off but gave me 11% off so $899 shipped.

Yeah, but the +45mm offset is a no go right? I read for the strictly ctv that you need +35mm or spacers. Would the same be for brembos?
Yes I think he will need spacers too but the rim diameter 17 is the min.

Now I have Rpf1s 17" with a +40 offset cant remember if they are 8 or 8.5 inches wide( were on a 3000 GT Vr4 tt),and I have no issues in the front but then again I have the baer big brake kit on the front and its close to the suspension . Now on the ,rears I have evo rear calipers the rims clear the brakes but hit the suspension I had to put 5mm spacers to change the offset to clear the rear suspension, the front was fine but close to control arm . My suspicion will be that the OP's rims might hit the suspension as soon as he puts on the rim like I did versus having any clearance issues with the brakes but he will have to try. I have 5mm spacers in the back. I think the suspension will be the issue and not the calipers
It will be close perhaps in both çases but he will have to try

Evo 8 rim specs
The stock Evo wheel is 17" x 8", 35mm offset, 5x114.3 mm bolt circle, 67mm centerbore.

Stock tire size is 235/45R17.

Last edited:
I would think EVO Brembos definitely wouldn't fit a 7.5 wheel but I don't know about the Outlander setup. Why did you get such a skinny wheel if you don't mind me asking?

I wanted a simple tire setup nothing too aggressive. However, since the rim haven't shipped out I'm requesting to cancel them. I will be looking for the rpf1 in 17x8 +35. I've read on the strictly brake upgrades I guy used that rim size and was able to clear the calipers. Or does anyone have any suggestions on what combo in 17in rim? Not looking for 18s.

I'll probably end up getting the same rims but in 17x9 +35 because the spokes are straight which i think look better, and would give me a extra inch of tire which should be good for traction

17x8 would be good, but you will need to get new tires too. 215 on a 8 inch rim will be stretched and look stupid. I picked up some evo x rims pretty cheap for my 2g I am building that are 18x8.5 + 38 offset and I plan on running the factory evo x tire size, 245/40/18. I know you said you don't want 18s but it would give you more room and clearance for future mods. Something to think about.

I'm running EVO 9 Enkies with Wilwood brakes front and rear. 13.1 x 1.25 two piece rotors front and rear. 6 pot forged billet calipers in front with no clearance issues. I have been thinking about the same Enkies RFP1 in 17x9 +38, I saw them on a tuners member car from Texas. I've heard that they have more clearence issues than many other wheels of the same size.

I wanted a simple tire setup nothing too aggressive. However, since the rim haven't shipped out I'm requesting to cancel them. I will be looking for the rpf1 in 17x8 +35. I've read on the strictly brake upgrades I guy used that rim size and was able to clear the calipers. Or does anyone have any suggestions on what combo in 17in rim? Not looking for 18s.

Much better size. That's about what EVO wheels are and IMO they are the best for our cars. I currently run Team Dynamics 17x8 +38 with 245-40-17 Continental summer tires. Very simple setup that yields great results for a street daily driven car. You can also add some camber to the rear so they don't tuck if you're super low but I left alignment stock with almost a 2" drop and wheels look nice and flush.

Order will be cancelled and refunded by no later than Tuesday. I found a site that has the black rpf1 17x8 +35mm for $907 shipped. I'm also interested in Evo 9 BBS MR rims that I seen go for the same price in good condition on evom. Either one would be great and clear big brake upgrades.

Do you have roll the fenders to fit the 17x8 +35mm with 235/45-17 tires? I've read a lot of fitment issues with knuckles and fender, and sticking out. Does anyone know if there are any enkei rims that are 17x7 or 7.5 with a +38mm offset that will clear brembos or cts-v calipers?

Do you have roll the fenders to fit the 17x8 +35mm with 235/45-17 tires? I've read a lot of fitment issues with knuckles and fender, and sticking out. Does anyone know if there are any enkei rims that are 17x7 or 7.5 with a +38mm offset that will clear brembos or cts-v calipers?

You should be OK without rolling fenders.. however, the front upper wishbones may touch a bit depending on ride height. Mine do but I don't hear them rub ever, it's mostly weird angle or big hump in the road where I think they touch.

That tire is a bit taller than 245-40 but 235-45 is stock EVO size tire and I know people have had luck with them on our cars, just depends on ride height. I know they are a bit harder to find but you can try 235-40-17.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back